Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important You do not have permission to access this page!

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by nino59
Hello,

I have the latest version of Kunena installed on Joomla 3.2

I created my categories :
cat_A
| - cat_A1
| - cat_A2
| - cat_A3

When the member arrives at the index page of the forum, he sees the category cat_A . I created a button "POST TOPIC". If he wants to create a topic , it has the message: " You do not have permission to access this page ! "
But if he clicks again on "POST topic " in this same error page, then the form of the "new topic " appears .

I also noticed that he can also post the topic without problems when he is in pages of subcategories :
| - cat_A1
| - cat_A2
| - cat_A3

I searched by myself , and I 've realized that the root category cat_A do not have the same permissions fields that subcategories .

I conclude therefore that we must first choose a sub category before put his topic . It's a shame because the form has a drop down list to select the category . So why force a member to browse one of the subcategories before to post ?

Is it possible to enable posting a topic from the root category?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled

nino59 wrote: I created a button "POST TOPIC".

I'm not sure if this is part of the problem but I would like to know more about how you did that.

nino59 wrote: I searched by myself , and I 've realized that the root category cat_A do not have the same permissions fields that subcategories

Would you like to show us screenshots of the permissions for "category A" and "subcategory A1" so that we can also see these differences?

It may help if you watch the video vimeo.com/69818669

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds