Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Set kunena as homepage in K3.1?

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by woonydanny
Hi,

Will you be able to set Kunena as homepage to your site with upcoming K3.1?

Currently in K3.0 this is not possible as it 'breaks' kunena.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

woonydanny wrote: Currently in K3.0 this is not possible as it 'breaks' kunena.

This claim relates to the topic Kunena does not work as my site homepage or with my Joomla menus which is a special case scenario.

I have not had time to evaluate the issues brought up in your other topic. The claim that it is not possible to devise a Joomla menu item for K 3.0 and set that item as the default (i.e. "home page") menu item is unproven.

As far as K 3.1 is concerned, I am not aware of any issues that affect the ability to devise a Joomla menu item for K 3.1 in J! 3.2 and to set that item as the default (i.e. "home page") menu item.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by coder4life
I am not sure if this was patched. What I was told by Matias (one of our developers) it is an issue in association of how we work with Joomla. I will see if I can talk to him about it. If I recall from short discussion it was an issue difficult to get around and the reason why it has not been fixed properly.

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by woonydanny
Yes, Matias knows of the issue.

It is pretty critical though for anyone that just wants to use joomla for kunena (ie and have kunena as homepage)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
I do not have an issue setting my home page in J! 3.2.2 with a K 3.0.4 forum (I have a demonstration site if you want to see it). I cannot say anything about K 3.1 because I have not tested it.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds