Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Bootstrap dropdown does not work on Kunena pages only

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by pdolezel
Hi there,
Would anyone have any ideas on what I can check on to troubleshoot why a bootstrap-based dropdown works on all pages on a website, except on all Kunena pages. (I added a "My" button - when a user clicks on it, a dropdown reveals multiple actions/menu-like items ... see more here: getbootstrap.com/components/#btn-dropdowns ).
I saw no javascript errors (neither in Kunena debug nor in Chrome console) so it doesn't seem to be a Mootools conflict.

Since it works on pages w/ native Joomla components as well as with other components, I thought I'd post on Kunena's forum.

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

CONFIG REPORT:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_oculus | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by pdolezel. Reason: adding config report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi pdolezel,

You try to use the default Joomla! template. If it work fine, so reason of the rt_oculus template and if it doesn't work you need check the Javascript.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by pdolezel
Thank you for the tip. The dropdown does work with Protostar on the forum/Kunena pages. So one could argue that it's clearly the template (although, it's really the combination of Kunena, RocketTheme template and the Bootstrap javascript ... hard to pin the blame on any one of these ... just happens to be the wrong combo I suppose ;-)
How would I check on the possible java conflicts? Joomla or Kunena debug does not provide any errors nor I see any in Chrome's Console.
Thank you for any additional tips. I will also post on RT's support forum.

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by coder4life
Although we try our best to make sure Kunena works in the many different environments it is likely to be installed in, sometimes unexpected situation can create this type of problem.

To help to find a possible error, make sure you have the google console open and debug activated. Reload the page with the debug console open, and try to perform the dropdown action to see if an error appears. An error will sometimes give you the line of Javascript where the error occurred. It is important to turn on Debug mode in any Joomla and third party extensions that implement their own debug mode. Without debug mode turned on, minimized versions of Javascript files are served, making line by line debugging difficult.

Rockettheme I believe uses a customized Bootstrap version and partial implementation of some of the CSS UI constructs. It might be the reason this issue is occurring. Hope this helps you where to get started.

Best Regards,
coder4life

More
10 years 3 months ago #5 by pdolezel
Thank you for the reply. So after some hefty research and lots of help from RocketTheme, here's the bottom line:
jQuery and Bootstrap JS files (which power the drop-down I'm trying to implement) are not loaded on the Kunena pages while they do load on all other pages. The RocketTheme relies on Joomla's libraries to load the jQuery, it's not their template loading them directly.

Can you, guys, give me a hint why jQuery is prevented from being loaded on the Kunena pages?

Appreciate any pointers. Thx, Pavel

More
10 years 3 months ago #6 by tracejustice
It seems the Kunena menu isn't outputting the "active" class. I am having problem with the Forum not hightlighting when active like the rest of my pages do.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
The post from tracejustice (msg #6 above) ties in with another topic: Forum on Main Menu doesn't show active .
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #8 by coder4life
There is a bit of confusion here on my part and want to make sure I am receiving the correct information by some specific questions:

Earlier post:
"The dropdown does work with Protostar on the forum/Kunena pages."

So it is correct this works for the default Protostar template?

Most recent post:
"jQuery and Bootstrap JS files (which power the drop-down I'm trying to implement) are not loaded on the Kunena pages while they do load on all other pages. "

This is only true in the case of using the RT Template?

More
10 years 3 months ago #9 by Jiminimonka
Matias already summarised this a long time ago here - www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-blue-eagle-te...t-desktop-too#150555

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds