Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Finder (Smart Search) Plugin

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by geoffc
I was wondering why the Kunena Smart Search (Finder) plugin is not installed even though it is included within the 3.0.3 distribution. All other plugins are installed by default.

Is this an oversight or is there a specific reason such as it doesn't work?

I thought I would ask the question before I attempt to manually install it and test it myself.
I have searched the forum for an answer and saw a similar question in an earlier release but no answer was given.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by geoffc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Finder (Smart Search) Plugin
As far I remember, Kunena Smart Search Plugin/feature not work as it should be and that why Developers not want to add it. If I remember right, it take too much performance atm... maybe some developers have the time share it with a little more detail?

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by Jiminimonka
I think that the Kunena Smart Search relies on the new Joomla Smart Search feature, and there are some issues with that. As it is the weekend, most of the devs are unavailable at this time, but since the Kunena installer is not adding it, assume it is not ready yet.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Finder (Smart Search) Plugin
Smart search plugin is disabled because of smart search was never built to handle more than a few thousand items of data -- meaning that while it does scale up, the disk space usage comes fast so huge that database updates may crash your server and cause serious performance issues and your site to go down. There is a way to fix that issue, but it makes Smart Search less useful.

You can install and enable the plugin manually, but be warned that it isn't always able to keep the index up to date and there's no guarantee that it even works. Also it hasn't been integrated to Kunenas own search yet.

Because of the issues with smart search index size I've been investigating other solutions for the search issue together with RocketTheme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #5 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Finder (Smart Search) Plugin
Thank you for your answer, it makes a lot of sense. I myself have wondered about the size of the created finder index files, even on a modest site, so it is easy to understand why it would be a problem on a large site.

A shame really because there are some definite benefits using the finder (smart search) rather than the standard search mechanism, just that the headaches outweigh the benefits.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by geoffc. Reason: typos

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds