Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved "This email is already registered" message

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by originalhandy
When users try to change their signature (could be for avatar too but havent tested) when they save/submit this mesagge "This email is already registered" appears at the top of the page and it doesnt save the changes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled

originalhandy wrote: When users try to change their signature (could be for avatar too but havent tested) when they save/submit this mesagge "This email is already registered" appears at the top of the page and it doesnt save the changes.

I am not sure about this because I have never seen that message before. I suggest you look at the advice posted many times around this forum (and at the top of this page) that looks like this:

If you are using the forum to discuss your problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you may not receive a solution to your problem, either.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
I replied to this topic before I read your other topic Email not sent when requesting password . I notice, in your other topic, you are using a third-party template that was not designed, developed or is supported and maintained by the Kunena project. It is possible that this problem you are now having is caused by the third-party template that you are using.

My advice is to use the Blue Eagle template designed by the Kunena team for K 3.0.3 or to contact the author of the SD-Aphotic 2.0 template and ask for advice about what to do if you use that template.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
Seeing that in Joomla 3.2 (with a migrated forum). That happens if more than one user has the same email address. Joomla just prevents user to be saved as it breaks Joomla rules.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Matias.

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by sridd
Hi there! I think that I have the solution to this problem. When I registered on one website I wrote the email which I created before but as turned out it wasn't mine (I found out this when I was waiting for the activation link - which didn't come of course). So, it turns out that I used someone's email and what if this person will also register on that website? He or she would probably get the message you've got: this email is already registered. Well, I used by mistake someone's email and this could happen to you too. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds