Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Can poll be changed when voted ?

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by parslej
Hi,

I've added poll to 1st post and works.
I want to change name of options to vote now which seems to be impossible after 2st vote ?

Any way to do that (except changing it directly in DB)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by coder4life
No there is no way to change this. Our reasoning was to preserve the integrity of the poll. Changing the poll midway through defeats the purpose of the poll, especially if all options were not present at the same time. Its like having people vote for apples or oranges as their favorite fruit then changing the name apples to red apples, which completely alters the original understood conditions of the poll.

I will agree on flexibility is a matter of consideration we are willing to investigate, but its on a low priority list at this moment. Yes I like to leave it up to the administrator discretion to see how they want to use polls, but that creates a larger pool of work we must allocate and consider.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by parslej
Understand your point.
However this should be Admin's responsibility to manage that properly (same way as Admin can change every user post's text)

I very miss that functionality (cannot correct misspells, add more options if needed) - so happy to see such functionality.

PS Many thanks for your great job !

More
10 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
The ability to change a poll options (after votes have been cast) was removed in K 2.0.3 because of numerous complaints that the feature did not work. This was announced in the K 2.0.3 release notes . It was decided that it was better to remove the ability to change poll options than it was to deal with the number of support questions arising as a result of people trying unsuccessfully to make the feature work.

The Kunena team has no plans in the foreseeable future to change the way that the polling feature currently works.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
As coder4life said, at the moment there are not enough resources to spend time on this feature, but hopefully in the future this functionality will be returned and improved upon, as it is always nice for the admin and/or creator of a poll to be able to change it as they see fit.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds