Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question bt_education (from BonusThemes.com) template: cannot upload attachment

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #1 by piratepike
Hi guys. I have a problems with button ADD FILE. I used a Firebug to fix a problem with js scripts-but there is no errors. I tru to push button ADD FILE but nothing changed. But I see that all buttons (add file, submit, preview and cancel) with standart kunena template are shifted verticaly (see screenshot)

I checked same versions of kunena with other site and see that all buttons must be horizontaly like here :)
And i find one interesting thing with area near button ADD FILE. If i will clicking near area button i can open window ADD FILE !!!

Now i can't understand - what is a problem and I have a head ache.
Please help me to resolve this problem :woohoo:
If you will need K3 report i will give you but i install joomla 2.5.14 and kunena ver3.0.2
PS-This bug present and on older versions joomla and kunena (Joomla2.5.8 and kunena2.x)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by piratepike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, piratepike, and welcome to Kunena.

piratepike wrote: If you will need K3 report i will give you but i install joomla 2.5.14 and kunena ver3.0.2

I suggest you look at the advice posted many times around this forum that looks like this:

If you are using the forum to discuss your problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you may not receive a solution to your problem, either.

Because you have had this problem for a long time, I suspect this problem may be related to a Javascript library you have installed on your website that is incompatible with Joomla. Just a guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piratepike

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3 by piratepike
K 3.0 configuration report
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : bt_education | author: BonusThemes.com | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.0.3.1552

Plugins: None

Modules: None

And i find one more interesitng thing-if change a joomla template to standart (ATOMIC) - i didn't have a problem with KUNENA and other scripts.

So I think that it's not a problem with scripts... It's a problem between joomla template and kunena.
PS-I checked with other version of joomla (2.5.8) and elder kunena (2.0.4) with joomla template (ATOMIC) - and all is OK. There is no problem
If possible-please help me decide this problem
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Remove spoiler from configuration report

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

piratepike wrote: So I think that it's not a problem with scripts.

No, as I suggested in my earlier reply to you, this is clearly a problem with Javascript and you have demonstrated the fact. The open file dialog is called by Javascript. If your site template loads a Javascript library that is incompatible with Joomla's Mootools Javascript library then the Kunena "add file" dialog will not open.

piratepike wrote: ... It's a problem between joomla template and kunena.

Yes, it's a problem between your Joomla template and Mootools. Kunena needs Mootools, otherwise Kunena will not work (see Javascript and Kunena ). It would appear that your template from BonusThemes.com is incompatible with Joomla. If I was in your place I would use a different Joomla template.

Kunena is tested with all standard Joomla templates (Atomic, Beez5 and Beez20). Kunena also works with thousands of other templates, too. Obviously Kunena does not work with your template from BonusThemes.com.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by piratepike

sozzled wrote: Yes, it's a problem between your Joomla template and Mootools. Kunena needs Mootools, otherwise Kunena will not work (see Javascript and Kunena ). It would appear that your template from BonusThemes.com is incompatible with Joomla. If I was in your place I would use a different Joomla template.

I check in Admin panel EXTENSIONS-PLUGINS and didn't find no one plugin mootols??? But when i open site on ftp server i find a mootools plugins (not only one) in the PLUGINS folder \media\system\js\. Now i can't understand - how can it be? On ftp mootools foles present but really doesn't present in the EXTENSION-PLUGINS???? :blink:
About scripts/ I used a Firebug and can't find errors

Maybe be i make something wrong-but there is no mistakes :dry:
Now I have too much questions and didn't have answers :(
Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
I think you should read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... . My advice is to contact the developer of the template you are using, or use a different Joomla site template - one that works with Kunena.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piratepike

Time to create page: 0.778 seconds