Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Issue when Replying.

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by Jinglez
Issue when Replying. was created by Jinglez
Hello all, first i must say hi as this is my first post. and i must say how much i appreciate the kunena forum project, as so far its worked exceptionally for me, didn't know making a customized forum could be so easy.

I have run into a small problem which i'm assuming is probably very easy to fix i just havent had any luck figuring it out myself yet.

So when a user or anybody tries to use the "Reply" button on a post in the forums and it takes you to the reply page with the editor up top, and i believe its supposed to show the conversation below the editor. but its a bunch of blank space below the editor. it shows the avatar picture and name of the authors to each reply, but it just has a bunch of blank space where the body of their message obviously should be.

I either want to fix this so that the users can still see the body text and not just blank space. Or just disable it to where it shows no blank space, and not author pic and name, so the only thing on the reply page is the editor.

The first mentioned above, is preferred of course though.
any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Issue when Replying.
G'day, Jinglez, and welcome to the community.

If I could summarise your question, in effect you are saying that on your forum, when you press the REPLY button, you do not see the same screen as you see here at www.kunena.org . Would that be a fair, general assessment of the situation?

If that is the case, it might help us to know a little more about your website - there is information posted at the top of this page that will point you in that direction (to help us know more about your site so that we can help you better); this information is printed in dark, bold, italicised font .
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by Jinglez
Replied by Jinglez on topic Issue when Replying.
Didnt think it was that hard to understand. here ya go.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : siteground-j16-22 | author: SiteGround | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Issue when Replying.

Jinglez wrote: ... when a user or anybody tries to use the "Reply" button on a post in the forums and it takes you to the reply page with the editor up top ...

Yes, that's correct.

Jinglez wrote: ... and i believe its supposed to show the conversation below the editor

This is true, if you haven't changed any of the forum configuration settings, yes.

Jinglez wrote: ... but its a bunch of blank space below the editor.

Quite possible the "blank space" is more likely text written in the same coloured font as your background. One way to prove this is to left click your mouse over the "blank space" and drag the mouse. If the writing "magically" appears, it's because the font is the same as your dark background.

Have I correctly diagnosed the symptoms?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #5 by Jinglez
Replied by Jinglez on topic Issue when Replying.
the first 2 responses to the quotes yes thats right.

but not ive already tried that. there is no body text being displayed to highlight its not the same color, its literally blank space.
ive attached a jpg to show you an image. its way zoomed out in the browser to show how large the 'body' area is of the 'blank'post

EDIT: i should add that text is being displayed just fine everywhere else in my forums. its just on this reply page that it vanishes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jinglez.

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds