Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Is it possible to automatically update to Kunena 3.0.2?

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by donkey12
Hi there,
We're using Kunena 3.0.1 on a Joomla 2.5.14 site.
We'd like to update to Kunena 3.0.2.
Is there is a way of doing this automatically from Joomla Extension Manager Update?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is only my personal opinion but I think it's safer if (until the problems with Joomla have been solved) you upgrade using the method described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide .
The following user(s) said Thank You: donkey12

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by Jiminimonka
Eventually it will be, but at the moment it is disabled while some issues are being resolved.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by flaminga
I have been trying to upgrade my version of Kunena and I get the following error message.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ca_cloudbase2_j25 | author: CloudAccess.net | version: 2.0.6 | creationdate: July 27, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Instead of using the "Live update method", try using the method described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide B)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flaminga

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by donkey12
Thanks Jiminimonka & sozzled,
I'm happy to wait until the issue with Joomla is resolved and automatic update is available.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled

donkey12 wrote: I'm happy to wait until the issue with Joomla is resolved and automatic update is available.

Yes, but don't let that stop you from updating to K 3.0.2 the "old-fashioned" (and most reliable) way. It might takes months before Joomla fixes this problem.

In fact, there is talk that Joomla will move away from the current "automatic update" system to an "app store" arrangement which may (or may not) be more than just a name change for the same kind of thing. If you have extensions that need to be updated, my advice is to update them now, using whatever technique works for you. What works for K 3.0, is to read the upgrade guide referred to earlier in this topic.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.722 seconds