Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question ACL

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by AsCh
ACL was created by AsCh
Hello,
I am testing allowing posting and replying on a specific category only to superusers. However when I set:
User Groups Allowed To Post only superusers.
User Groups Allowed To Reply only superusers.
It does not seem to make any difference and any registered user can post.
Can you please clarify/advise?
Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic ACL
I am only guessing (because I don't know anything about your website, how what Joomla ACL groups you've setup, what version of Joomla you're using, what version of Kunena you're using, whether you're using a standard or a third-party Kunena template, how you've setup your menus, whether you're using a third-party SEO product (or even if you're using Joomla SEO), whether you are using outdated plugins, how you've setup your Kunena categories, etc.) and, of course, all of these things are contained in your configuration report.

Has this problem always been like that? Has Kunena ever worked properly until only recently? Many questions we also have about your website if we are going to help you quickly.

But, as you see from the information printed at the top of this page, we will not ask you for your configuration report if you don't give it to us in the first place.

And, as you probably know, you are not the first person to ask this question (and you won't be the last person to ask this question, either) and questions about how to use ACLs for category permissions have been asked many times before in this forum and it's not that difficult to look around.

But, because we don't know anything about your website, I won't try to be "clever" and say "Maybe you did not set up Joomla right?" or "Maybe you did not read the Simple forum setup instructions in the Wiki?". However, I don't really know why your site does not work because we do not know anything about it. Sorry. :dry:

We have no problems with our site here at www.kunena.org in this matter. This site uses K 3.0.2.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by AsCh
Replied by AsCh on topic ACL
Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply. I forgot to add the configuration report so here it is.
I hope this gives enough information:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 80M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : | author: | version: | creationdate:

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.8.3

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.1.0.1559

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.4 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.4 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic ACL
I suggest you attend to the following matters as soon as possible:

1) Upgrade to K 3.0.2

2) Talk to JomSocial about the Kunena add-ons that you have installed.

3) Change your forum integration plugins as shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=1 activity_points_limit=0 activity_stream_limit=50
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled

4) As far as we know, sh404SEF is incompatible with K 3.0. If you have problems because you are using sh404SEF you should either disable (or uninstall sh404SEF) or contact the developers of sh404SEF to see if they have a way to make their product work with Kunena.

More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by AsCh
Replied by AsCh on topic ACL
Hello,
Thank you for your response and support.
I will test it.
Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds