Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Multiple RSS feeds?

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by prophoto
Multiple RSS feeds? was created by prophoto
I just upgraded to K3 and so far so good. I am attempting to setup an automated email newsletter which will send out to a separate list of subscribers vs my regular newsletter. What I would like to have is the most recently updated topics which is an option in K3 config. I have a method already to import the rss feed into the newsletter system so that is not a problem.

Now to my question: Can I run multiple rss feed types? My normal feed is every post which is what I want for feed readers, but for emails I'd only like to see the most recently updated 10 or 15 topics. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Multiple RSS feeds?

prophoto wrote: Can I run multiple rss feed types?

Interesting question. It might be possible to run multiple feed types - i.e. RSS feeds using different RSS specifications (e.g. RSS 2.0, RSS 1.0, Atom 1.0)- but, somehow, I doubt it (and I've never tried it). In the 4+ years that I've been associated with the project, this is the first time I have seen this question asked.

The settings in Forum Configuration » RSS broadly define what happens when people see the RSS feed icon at the bottom of the page.

It should be possible to define different RSS feed modules (with differing parameters) on your Joomla site to pull the required information but I'm not sure if this answers the question in the context of emailing the output(s) to users.

Short answer: I don't know - I'm not an expert on these things - and I've never tried it.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Multiple RSS feeds?
To clarify using rss 2.0 is fine for all of them, I just need to run post 'post' and 'recent topics' in for two different sources.

From K3 config:

RSS Feed type
Post - Show the latests posts from the forum.
Topic - Show the latest topics from the forum (topics only).
Recent topics - Show the latest post from recently updated topics.

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
From the sounds of things you might be better looking for a daily digest solution. A place to start is Daily Digest . RSS is a cheap solution but it's probably not as effective as a dedicated component that achieves customised reports of forum activity over a specified period. The problem is, however, that I don't think there are any components on the JED that work with K 3.0.

More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by prophoto
That won't work as my forum is in a separate J! install from the newsletter system. Can someone just answer my question?

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by prophoto
BUMP.

More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by prophoto
Still need an answer plz.

More
10 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
I do not have anything further to contribute to this topic. If other members of the community have ideas for you then they are welcome to contribute them here.

More
10 years 8 months ago #9 by prophoto

sozzled wrote: I do not have anything further to contribute to this topic. If other members of the community have ideas for you then they are welcome to contribute them here.

Thats what I thought would happen...and why I keep bumping it.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds