Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Why is rel="nofollow" in all topic/post links?

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

Can someone tell me why the rel="nofollow" link attribute is in all topic/post links?

There must be a reason why Kunena is setup to use that and I was wondering why. I guess it helps prevent spammer from posting links to their spam sites since the links are useless with the rel="nofollow" link attribute. But I would think Google won't crawl/index any topics/posts with the rel="nofollow" attribute.

Is there a way to disable that?

Thanks for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

It has been set for disable duplicate content you can't disable that for now.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by nemmar

xillibit wrote: Hello,
It has been set for disable duplicate content you can't disable that for now.

Hi xillibit,

Kunena has nofollow for ALL the posts/topics and it's also in the forum links of K Discuss comments under articles. Yes, it will prevent crawling by search engines so I guess it stops any chances of duplicate content. However, if you have Topics/Posts/Comments in the Kunena forum and Discuss comments, that you do want to be crawled and indexed by search engines, you're out of luck with this nofollow setup.

I don't understand the purpose of blocking everything in the forum with nofollows. I don't have all duplicate content so what can be done about that to remove some of the nofollows?

Are you saying that anyone using Kunena forums does not get any of their forum pages indexed by search engines?

Thanks for any advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaosHead

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

nemmar wrote: Are you saying that anyone using Kunena forums does not get any of their forum pages indexed by search engines?

That's absurd! Use Google to search for 'why is rel="nofollow" in all topic/post links' and see what results you get! :lol:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by Privateer

sozzled wrote: Use Google to search for 'why is rel="nofollow" in all topic/post links' and see what results you get! :lol:

That was funny! :laugh:

Apologies to nemmar for butting in on this topic but I was interested in whether Kunena did "nofollow" and I found this active topic.

This is what I want, search engines to index the Kunena forum on my website but not to follow any links that a spammer may post. I do use a few methods to prevent spammers but they are persistent little rascals and a few do get through, when they do I move their posts out of the way and submit their details to StopForumSpam and SpamBusted.

Out of interest can the nofollow be switched off in Kunena 3?
If so, where is the settings in the admin area?

Many thanks,

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #6 by Fox
I didn't understand. I did the search indicated by sozzled, and Google returns the following URL:

www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...all-topic-post-links

After that, I found that in the category view ( www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-questions?limitstart=30 ) the link points exactly to the same URL:

www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...all-topic-post-links

So, the initial question of Privateer is still valid and unanswered: what kind of duplicate URLS we are trying to avoid, if the URL indexed by Google is exactly the same we are trying to hide with the nofollow attribute?

- Demis Palma -
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Fox.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds