Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to copy categories from an old site to a new K 3.0 site

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1 by galileos1970
i took a back up from an old site and i want to take the categories from there and put them in a new site. what can i do? i don't want to write it again one by one to the new site. Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by galileos1970.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for you question concerning how to copy category definitions from one site to another site.

Category definitions are located in the database. We would need to know more about this "old site" of yours before we would be able to give you better information that maybe of help to you.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by galileos1970
The old one is just the same with the new one just forum the only thing i changed is the joomla. i had the old site in joomla 3 and i made the new one in joomla 2.5 cause i couldnt find many extensions in joomla 3. Before delete it i took a back up from all the site. i want only the file of categories in db to change it in the new site and take auto the names of categories. i dont want to write them again one by one cause they arr about 400 categories, if there is a solution its ok other way i ll write them one by one.

More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

What is your actual Kunena version on your site ?

On your new site, is it just a clean install ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by galileos1970
kunena version 3.0.0 in the old and new site same version

clean install yes without topics just categories only

thanks

More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by xillibit
You can just export the kunena_categories from your old site to your new site, but if you have topics with others catid you can have issues...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 10 months ago #7 by galileos1970
i just have the back up of the old site. can u help me which file i ll take copy and paste to new to make the categories again? i search to component folder in com_kunena but i didnt find something.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
Perhaps you didn't understand what we wrote earlier. Let me try to be more clear.

(1) There is no file that you can copy.
(2) Kunena forum categories are not stored in any single file.
(3) You will not find any files on your old website where you have defined your 400 categories.
(4) Kunena category definitions are stored in the database - in the table _kunena_categories
(5) You may be able to export the table from your old site and import it into your new site using a tool like phpMyAdmin (if you know something about working with MySQL). if you do not know how to work with database tables there are many good references on the Internet that you can use to find out more.

I hope this helps. :)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.705 seconds