Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.5 has been Released (Yesterday)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.5 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Loved Kunena wishlist

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by woonydanny
Kunena wishlist was created by woonydanny
Great news on the release of K3.0! Thanks to all the developers and contributors. I understand that alot of work has been done and know how exhausted the whole team must be, so am not requesting anything - just a wishlist :)

I have been happily using kunena and will continue to do so in the future but there are a list of items which would make it even better for me, especially now my forum has grown quite large. So here goes, here is my wishlist :kiss:

1. The ability for users, mods and admins to mark their topic with a label. This is not the same as the 'solved plugin'. This ability needs to be as flexible as possible, so in the backend the admin can define terms eg. Solved, Read, For Sale, Sold, Answered etc or any other term they come up with and also the admin can set which of these terms the frontend user can set their post to and which terms only admin can. So if in a classifieds category a frontend user could label their post For Sale and when their item is sold they could themselves change the label to Sold. However, in other circumstances users may label their posts Question, and only have admins change their labels to Answered or Resolved. The list of labels is endless and if it is done this way it keeps it flexible to allow people to use this how they use their forum. It needs to be flexible so people can use the feature for more things that just 'solving'.

Below is an example of what i mean - where labels like Solved, Question, Problem etc have been created and forum posts have been labelled with them. (this is the Joomlart forum)

You do not have permissions to access this page.

2. More statistics! Eg most users online ever, most users online in 24hrs, users online in last 24 hrs etc

3. Ability to change the location of the users attachments. Currently it is /media/kunena but I would like the option to be able to set my own location e.g. /media/pictures or images/forum etc

4. Ability for users to lock their own topics

5. Option to have a search box at top of the current category you are viewing that only searches within that category being viewed

6. Integrate Joomla 3 tags into Kunena (I note Matias' response on this)

7. Kunena moderator log - who did what to whom. Some sort of workflow so that admins and moderators can see who deleted/moved/edited which message/topic and when. also who banned which member and when. This is a must with a large forum and keeping track of what has been done and what is to do and ensuring no doubling up. Also a message/ticket system that responds to users that send a report to 'Report to Moderator' so that a moderator can attend to ticket and when resolved can close ticket.

8. Lock topic´s after xx time of inactivity

9. I understand kunena want to distance itself from Jomsocial, but close integration is still a must for majority of community sites. I hate having the two profiles (kunena profile and jomsocial profile. I only want to use the jomsocial profile, but allow users to be able to view subscriptions, favourites, signatures etc from there. Currently you still get taken to kunena profile on numerous links even with the plugin published.Also be good to publish jomsocial fields in the users forum post display

10. Ability for users to save a draft of a post

11. The Who is Online list of names shown at the bottom of the forum still inaccurate, i know this has been a long saga and usually goes back to blame the joomla core, but surely there must be some sort of way of better dealing with this.

12. Ability for admin to unsubscribe users from topics (or categories) in the backend. This is required when a user's email is no longer valid and admin gets hundreds of 'message not delivered' emails

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by woonydanny.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena wishlist
Thanks for your encouragement, mate. Several of these items have long been on my own personal wish list, too.

One or two of these items are already on the radar screen for the project known as K 3.1 (the next "big ticket" item for Kunena) which, importantly, will give Kunena a long-overdue facelift - a new template in particular, based in Joomla's Bootstrap framework. Ideally it would be wonderful if this new template look can be backported to J! 2.5. This requires a shift from Mootools to jQuery and it's something that the team is actively investigating as a new future direction for Kunena.

As far as the "who's looking at the forum" matter is concerned (your item 11), I've just about given this up as something that Joomla may not ever get right! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by myale
Replied by myale on topic Kunena wishlist
Hello there,

I know there was a Kunera Forum importer/exporter from something like phpbb forums to kunera tool..

i have have been using these forums on my site for a few years THANKS EVERYONE from Joomla 1.5 to now Joomla 3 (which i am slowly getting into)

MY REquest is a Kunera importe/exporter Specific for upgrading the forum boards say from Joomla 2.5 version with the minimum of K2 (in my case i have Kunera 3.0 on my J2.5 site)

anyways i have a Joomla 3.0 site i am testing and want ONLY My old forums at this point i dont want to have a mass backup and restore for my old site and i also understand Joomla changes the tables

i am NOT Mysql and php knowledgeable well

but i would think this would be a great tool for all those who just want to test their sites like with with forums only FIRST

Mark
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena wishlist

As much as we would love to see this topic continue, the opportunity for it to burgeon into a chaotic plethora of things people may want makes it likely that good ideas will be lost unless the topic retains some clear focus.

I have to admit that, when I first saw this topic, my instinct was to have locked it because it contravenes a principle that keeps this forum functioning as well as we try to keep it functioning. This principle is called "one subject - one topic". Theoretically, the first message posted in this topic should have been separated into 12 separate topics. Also, there's a grey area between whether a wish list is a request for information, a request for new features to be added or simply good feedback on how we're going.

With the greatest of respect that I have towards all members of this community, I need to lock this topic from further discussion.

We have a separate category for discussing feature requests. I suggest that, if people have requests for features not currently available (or in the planning stages) for new versions of Kunena, please use the Feature Requests category.

Thank you.

*** Topic locked by moderator ***
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds