Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Post processing time

More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by achartier
If there are a lot of users subscribed to a particular topic or category, each of these users gets a notice of a new topic (assuming unmoderated). Kunena processes these emails once the user post their topic. With a lot of subscribers this suspends the users session for quite some time while Kunena sends the emails.

Is there a way to queue these and process them in the background? How have others handled this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by achartier
Replied by achartier on topic Post processing time
Anyone? I have a few categories where posting time takes 5-7 minutes.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Post processing time
Try a larger value at the option "Users > Subscriptions > E-mail to Multiple Recipients". Maybe it helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbruell

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by achartier
Replied by achartier on topic Post processing time

rich wrote: Try a larger value at the option "Users > Subscriptions > E-mail to Multiple Recipients". Maybe it helps.

Thanks Rich, that definitely seems to help. As I am using an external smtp relay service (Mandrill), and I had this value as zero, I think Kunena (through Joomla) was sending each email as a separate smtp session and this was taking forever. I changed the value to 50 and this really made it faster. We have at most 250 subscriptions so 5 smtp sessions versus 250 is a big difference.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbruell

More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by mbruell
Replied by mbruell on topic Post processing time
I just discovered this setting, and it made our forum much more responsive. We were actually getting internal server errors because it was taking kunena so long to process the notifications.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds