Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Update Rules & Help

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by SCEM
Update Rules & Help was created by SCEM
How do I update the Rules and Help pages in the Kunena menu?

Is it not possible to just modify the default templates that are already there?
If not, could someone please clearly explain the process for doing this.

THANKS!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by SCEM. Reason: TYPO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Update Rules & Help
Please see the Wiki article Rules and help pages for Kunena for an explanation of the procedure.

I hope this helps.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by SCEM
Replied by SCEM on topic Update Rules & Help
So then it is not possible to just modify the default templates that are already there?
A new article must be created and bound to the menu. Right?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Update Rules & Help

Is it not possible to just modify the default templates that are already there?

What do you mean with "modify the default templates"? Help and rules pages are menu items.
You can modify also the menu item.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by SCEM
Replied by SCEM on topic Update Rules & Help
When you click on the rules or help tab - there are default pages that load that I did not create. I don't know how I can be any clearer then that. I was trying to locate those pages so I could edit them directly but apparently you can not do this because I can not find those pages anywhere? Which makes me assume these are loading from links point to those pages, which is why I can not find them. I hope that make more sense?

Never the less at this point this is just to serve as clarification for any other new users who may travel down this same path. The short answer is NO you can not edit the templates that auto load and even if you could, you probably wouldn't / shouldn't anyway. Instead simply create your new rules or help article(s) and bind them to the Kunena menu rules or help tab(s).

I now have my fancy new rules appearing when you click on the menu rules tab so all is just spiffy! :silly:

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds