Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Locked category

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #1 by antmil
Locked category was created by antmil
I created a locked category and a moderator user. I can not add a new topic with this user. How can I do? Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #2 by antmil
Replied by antmil on topic Locked category
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.7 | creationdate: 2015-02-01

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.7 | 2015-02-01 [ Galah ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #3 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Locked category
Why have you locked that category and user? Is the user disabled or blocked?

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #4 by antmil
I have locked only the category. The moderator user is enabled. I would like add a topic at this category with this user.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Locked category
you need to be a global moderator to do that, so you need change him to global moderator.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
I am not sure that I completely understand the question but I will attempt to answer as best as I can.

Only administrators and forum moderators can create new topics in a locked category. That's a standard feature of Kunena. Unless this user is an administrator or moderator, they cannot created new topics in a locked category. Is the user a moderator or an administrator?

It is possible to create categories where certain groups of users can create new topics and other users cannot create new topics. Is this what you would like to do?

810 wrote: you need to be a global moderator to do that, so you need change him to global moderator.

You do not "need" to be a global moderator to create a new topic in a locked category (unless something has changed in K 3.0.7 that I was unaware of), category moderators can also create new topics in a locked category if they have been assigned to that category. The difference between global moderators and category moderators is explained in the Wiki article Forum moderators and there is a video to explain the procedure in the topic How to assign forum moderators in K 3.0 .

Category moderators have the same forum privileges as global moderators, in the categories to which they are assigned, except that category moderators cannot ban users.
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #7 by antmil
I have a user global moderator and I can not add a topic in a category locked with this user. How can I do?

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Locked category
I want to be sure that I correctly understand the question.

Are you saying that you have a user who is a global moderator and this person (the moderator) cannot create a new topic in a locked category?
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #9 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Locked category
"Category Manager > Category > Category Permissions > User Groups Allowed To Post and User Groups Allowed To Reply". You have disabled here Registered Users?
Then, even the Moderator can't create a topic.
You must activate again Registered Users. Then Moderators can create new topics.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #10 by antmil

sozzled wrote: I want to be sure that I correctly understand the question.

Are you saying that you have a user who is a global moderator and this person (the moderator) cannot create a new topic in a locked category?

Yes
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by antmil.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds