Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to Display Kunena without a Menu

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by shebin
Hello,

I have installed Kunena 3.0.7 on my Joomla website. Installation has automatically created the Kunena Menu items. Clicking on the Menu from my home page displays the Kunena Forum.

But i do not want the users to click on the Menu to display the Kunena Forum, rather I would like to have Kunena forum displayed on one of my pages along with other items in the page.

I believe Kunena doesn't have a module which will allow me to assign it to a particular position.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shebin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
This is actually a templating issue. I am assuming that you are using the Kunena Blue Eagle template; if you are not using this template then the following information may not apply to you.

If you are using the Kunena Blue Eagle template, go to the Kunena Template Manager, select/edit "Blue Eagle" template, and change the first option you see Display Kunena Menu = No.

This question was also asked and answered in the topic How to disable Kunena menu

This message contains confidential information
The following user(s) said Thank You: shebin

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by shebin
Thanks for the quick response. I use the Blue Eagle Template and have set 'Display Kunena Menu' to No as you suggested. But this only resolves my problem partially.

I have added a menu item of type Kunena Forum to my existing Menu. Clicking on this menu item displays the Kunena forum spanning the whole page. I would like to have few modules displayed on the right and bottom of the page (I already have Template positions for these). But even though I have assigned modules to these position and have set them to be displayed on this page, none of the modules are displayed. Only Kunena Forum spans the entire page. Is there a restriction that prevents any other modules from being displayed along with Kunena Forum?

Regards,
Shebin

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled

shebin wrote: I would like to have few modules displayed on the right and bottom of the page (I already have Template positions for these). But even though I have assigned modules to these position and have set them to be displayed on this page, none of the modules are displayed.

Maybe you have set the module permissions so that the modules only appear if you are logged in? There are topics and articles on the Joomla website that explain how to set the permissions of modules.

It may also help to read the article Customised menus in the Wiki.

shebin wrote: Is there a restriction that prevents any other modules from being displayed along with Kunena Forum?

The short answer to your question is no; there is no restriction.

Of course I am making a lot of assumptions about how you have configured your Joomla menu. It may help—I'm not promising anything—if you use the suggestion that appears at the top of this page where it says:

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by rich

shebin wrote: I have added a menu item of type Kunena Forum to my existing Menu. Clicking on this menu item displays the Kunena forum spanning the whole page. I would like to have few modules displayed on the right and bottom of the page

That's the problem. You use wrong menu items. Fix these menu items and the modules are displayed ( see here ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: shebin

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by shebin
You are right. The problem was indeed with the menu item I created (of type Kunena->Home Page). As you suggested, I trashed that menu item and have created a new one as 'Menu Item Alias' to the Kunena Menu. Assigned the required modules to the new menu and the modules started showing up as expected.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Shebin

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds