Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Solved] How to translate Kunena Menu in a Joomla Multilanguage Environment?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by plix
Hello Friends,

I have managed to install the latest kunena (3.0.6) in a Joomla Multilingual environment (4 Languages) and follow the tutorial in the following link:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=617&t=711021#p2788629

Everything works fine, the forum get translated except the Kunena menu. When I switch the language using the Joomla Language Switcher module, the menu remains in English in all the languages and doesn't get translated.

I have created Kunena menus:

Kunena Menu-ALL
Kunena Menu-en
Kunena Menu-fr
Kunena Menu-es
Kunena Menu-pt

Then, I selected all menu items (from Kunena Menu-ALL/Auto-Created kunena menu on the Forum installation) and batch copy then with language change to French, Spanish and Portuguese menu. Then I translated them.

What is next? What should I do to get the kunena menu translated when switching the language?

The Kunena doc/guide says:

Not everything may be translated
Translated Kunena showing untranslated menu.
See the image at the right of the page. You will notice that, although the forum is translated into Spanish, the menu at the top of the page is not translated. This may or may not occur in your particular site but it is easy enough to translate the menu items by going to the Joomla Menu Manager, select the menu kunena_menu and translate each item manually, one by one. Futher information is also available in The Kunena Menu.

Source: www.kunena.org/docs/K_2.0_Language_Installation_Guide

Unfortunately this tip applies to a single language-based joomla site only.

Any tip for a multilanguage Joomla site?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
It's many work. First disable the Kunena Menu-All. Then you need to associate all Kunena menu items (Menus > Kunena Menu > Menu item > Assotiations).

Example:
Recent Topics-en with Recent Topics-fr, Recent Topics-es and Recent Topics-pt
Recent Topics-fr with Recent Topics-es and Recent Topics-pt
Recent Topics-es with Recent Topics-pt

The same for all others Kunena menu items which you use.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plix

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by plix

rich wrote: It's many work. First disable the Kunena Menu-All. Then you need to associate all Kunena menu items (Menus > Kunena Menu > Menu item > Assotiations).

Example:
Recent Topics-en with Recent Topics-fr, Recent Topics-es and Recent Topics-pt
Recent Topics-fr with Recent Topics-es and Recent Topics-pt
Recent Topics-es with Recent Topics-pt

The same for all others Kunena menu items which you use.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply. I have forgotten to mention it in my previous post, I have already associated all kunena menu items. Still, it wasn't work. The kunena menu wasn't translating in the frontend when switching the site language.

I have managed to fix the problem:

1) Your were right, Kunena Menu-ALL needed to be deleted. I have deleted it.
2) On the kunena instalation, apart from the Kenenu menu, a menu item to kunena forum was created in the Main Menu-ALL.

I've selected it and batch copied it with language change to French, Spanish and Portuguese menu (Main Menu-en, Main Menu-fr, Main Menu-es, etc).

The problem is that when I batch copied it, I've forgotten to go back to each menu item to kunena forum in Main Menu-en, Main Menu-fr, Main Menu-es, etc and edit it while assigning it to the appropriate kunena menu item (Kunena menu-en, Kunena menu-fr, etc)

I have fixed it and now, everything works fine. I am so happy :)

Thanks a lot.

By the way, deleting "Kunena menu-ALL" was a part of the solution to fix this problem. I have created it because the Joomla tutorial for Multilanguage site requires us to rename the Main menu to "Main Menu-ALL" before creating additional menus (Main Menu-en, Main Menu-fr, etc). So I have thought that we should also have a "Kunena Menu-ALL".

Any explanation on the real need (use) of "Main Menu-All" and why we shouldn't delete it too?

Many Thanks

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
I'm glad to hear that it works. :)
If you some day have problems with Kunena menus, do not use the option "Restore Kunena Menus". She tries to create the original state. You must repair it manually.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by plix
Awesome! Thanks for the tip.

Any idea on my last question?

By the way, deleting "Kunena menu-ALL" was a part of the solution to fix this problem. I have created it because the Joomla tutorial for Multilanguage site requires us to rename the Main menu to "Main Menu-ALL" before creating additional menus (Main Menu-en, Main Menu-fr, etc). So I have thought that we should also have a "Kunena Menu-ALL".

Any explanation on the real need (use) of "Main Menu-All" and why we shouldn't delete it too?

Thanks

More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by rich
If you not delete "Kunena-ALL“, then it will displayed on all pages. Only the default menu needed "Language-All", otherwise other menu items can not be changed for other languages.
Quote from Joomla: The Language parameter for this menu item must be set to 'All'. At least one Default menu item must have Language set to All, even if the site is multilingual.

More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by plix
Very confusing though! Still, I don't understand the real use/need of the "Main Menu-ALL". Anyway I better leave it the way it is and keep it. B)

More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by rich

I don't understand the real use/need of the "Main Menu-ALL".

In principle, it would be unnecessary for a multilingual page, but I also don't know why it is so. :(

More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by plix

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds