Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Integration Plugin: is it needed?

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1 by Josh
Is the Joomla plugin "Kunena Integration" required? I plan on using EasySocial as my profile integration, hence making it seem as if this plugin can be safely disabled without causing any bad consequences. Just asking to be sure.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
Yes, you need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by Josh
Thanks. I'm curious on what it does. We already have a Kunena system plugin activated.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Although you do no need to activate the settings for the two forum integration plugins (Kunena - Kunena Integration and Kunena - Joomla Integration) it is advisable to enable these two plugins. You can turn off the settings in these two plugins if you do not require them.

The plugins are needed if you want to make your forum work and if you want to upgrade from one version of Kunena to a later version. If people do not enable these plugins then they may have problems (e.g. see msg #18 of the topic here ).

If people do not enable these two plugins—it does not matter if you activate the settings for them—then they will have problems.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #5 by Josh
Of course I want upgrades to work just fine. ;) I plan on keeping both activated, now I'm curious on why both integrations are required via a plugin? The Joomla integrations plugin makes sense. I'm guessing the Kunena integrations plugin is created as the fallback in case the other profile integrations are disabled hence making it so that we can purely rely on plugins for profile integration?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Josh.

More
9 years 6 months ago #6 by 810
Yes, its a fallback, if easysocial have a good integration you can disable it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh

More
9 years 6 months ago #7 by Josh
Thanks, that's exactly what I was trying to figure out.

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds