Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved New Topic and Reply - submit not working in Firefox and Chrome

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #1 by Bookwyrm
I seem to have normal configuration function in Firefox and Chrome, but the buttons don't work in IE. I am running under Microsoft Windows 8.1, but the issue was first reported from a Microsoft Windows 7 machine.

This message contains confidential information

My configuration report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : my_cloubase | author: CloudAccess.net | version: 2.0.6 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Login 3.0.1

Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled. Reason: Added the words "MIcrosoft Window" to clarify the issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Did you try to create your topic on this forum here with IE? Can you try to reply to this topic with IE?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ylinen

More
10 years 1 week ago #3 by Bookwyrm
I did not make the post in IE, but I just replied from it, and I was able to post the picture
Attachments:

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
This site uses K 3.0.5, just like yours!

As you can see, this is no a problem involving Kunena with IE. This is more a problem involving something else on your site and IE.

When you say the buttons "don't work", how do the buttons not work? What happens when you click these buttons on your site?

Because we know that Kunena works with IE - you said so yourself - and therefore the problem has something to do with your website, unless we have some way of seeing the problem for ourselves on your site we have to rely on whatever information you can give us.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 week ago #5 by Bookwyrm
When I say the buttons don't work, I mean you click on a BBCode, or insert file or submit, preview etc, and either nothing happens, or the page simply reloads, which amounts to the same thing. Everything else on the site seems to work in IE, so if there is a conflict with another program or setting I am in for a long weekend of trial and error.
I have disabled "Enable input Styling" and "Build Title Spans" in my theme. I am not using a js compress program, and I have uninstalled plugins and modules I am not using. How do I determine which order the mootools are loading, since that seems to be the only other solution I have found. I am not very experienced, in fact I was "volunteered" to take over the club website. Any help or suggestions as I am mostly working blind would be appreciated.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
It helps when we know which specific "buttons" you are talking about.

I have seen the issue for myself. The problem on your site seems to affect Internet Explorer. I did not have any issue using Firefox.

I am surprised that this Javascript library conflict occurs depending on which user agent is employed by the user; in "plain speak", I mean that (insofar as Kunena is concerned) Javascript problems usually occur regardless of whether one uses Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer ... unless someone deliberately scripted something special for a specific browser. When it comes to cross-browser scripting, Kunena relies on Mootools (as you have correctly concluded yourself). So we must ask ourselves, what is going on at your website that doesn't occur at 99.9% of other Kunena websites around the world?

This is a list of the Javascript libraries from a "vanilla-flavoured" (Beez20 template) Kunena forum website running on J! 2.5.19:
Code:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/mediaboxAdv.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/default.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/templates/beez_20/javascript/md_stylechanger.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/templates/beez_20/javascript/hide.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

This is a list of the Javascript libraries from your website:
Code:
<script src="/joomla/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/zen/js/jquery/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/zen/js/jquery/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/kunena/js/mediaboxAdv.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/kunena/js/default.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/plugins/system/jcemediabox/js/jcemediabox.js?version=1111" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/templates/my_cloubase/js/gantry-totop.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/libraries/gantry/js/browser-engines.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/modules/mod_roknavmenu/themes/fusion/js/fusion.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/modules/mod_vsir/js/vsir.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/sourcecoast/js/jq-bootstrap-1.8.3.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/jfontsize/js/jquery.jfontsize-1.0.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/joomla/media/com_finder/js/autocompleter.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

The above "list" of Javascript additions to your site is incomplete; it does not include a lot of other Javascript added by some Joomla extension or intentional change made to your site that deliberately executes functions differently depending on the browser that you are using.

Forgive me for saying this in a long-winded way but the truth is your site basically says "if you are using me with Internet Explorer then you cannot use Kunena." These things happen - they're a one-in-a-million - and it's unfortunate that it's happening with you.

There is nothing specifically wrong with templates from CloudAccess.net but it's unfortunate that some of their templates have generated a significant number of questions on this forum.

I recommend that you update your site to J! 2.5.19 (not that it will necessarily fix this Javascript library conflict you're having but because it's just good practice).

As far as what I, personally, can do for you ... I will be blunt: there's not a lot I can do here within a forum context. I hate using IE, intensely; IE's "developer tools" are non-intuitive, difficult-to-use and arcane. It may be a simpler option to suggest to your club membership to use a different browser when they access you website.

You could write to me, privately, and we could discuss your case offline via Skype but, to be totally honest with you, this is looking a bit like the case of Which came first? The template or the forum?
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bookwyrm

More
10 years 1 week ago #7 by Bookwyrm
Thank You So Much.

I am going to try to figure out what we do and don't need and am thinking of creating a new site in 3.2. In the mean time, could you tell me where you found all of the java scripts that were loading on my site? I really don't know where to find this information, or how to check what order everything is loading in. I know this is a little beyond your scope, but I was hoping to maybe figure out what extensions I should remove to make the forum work.

I am going to replace the template this week, as soon as I find one we can use, as Gantry does seem to be a problem, and have already removed Zentools, which was loaded for a module we no longer use.

Your comment about Which came first the template or the forum was pretty accurate, except the site had been up for a while before the group decided we needed a forum, so you are right that the forum was an afterthought.

I am so sorry we have created such a problem the wonderful work that has been created here at Kunena.

More
10 years 1 week ago #8 by Bookwyrm
I have a new twist to report, I think I may need to contact you privately.

One of our members has been able to post a topic in IE under Vista, although she still can't add a file or picture, and her BBCodes aren't working.

I am determined that even if I have to create a completely new site with Kunena installed first and then other extensions after I will.

More
10 years 1 week ago #9 by sozzled

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #10 by drrongolds
Neither Reply nor New Topic submit buttons work in firefox and Chrome.

However all work in IE.

"Quick Reply" and Preview buttons works in all browsers.

I'm running in Xampp on Windows 7 x64.

Joomla 3.3 + Everest Template + Jomsocial 3.2.1.1 + Easyblog + Easydiscuss + DPCalendar.

It seems that the error is in the validate on submit (see attached jpg).

K3.06 Config Report

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : yoo_everest | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.2.1.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by 810.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds