Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Category text: can this be formatted via HTML [SOLVED]

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #1 by ponyack
Hi,

In our category descriptive we need to use some formatting to highlight words.

Is there a way to modify the text using HTML or with our WYSIWYG editor?

Thanks,

John
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by ponyack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled

ponyack wrote: Is there a way to modify the text using HTML or with our WYSIWYG editor?

The short answer to this question is no. People have asked this kind of question - can they use HTML tags or can they use some form of WYSIWYG editing tool to generated BBcode - for as long as I have been a member of this forum. While this particular topic is one that draws a lot of criticism, complaining and/or argument, I won't add my own comments as to the reasons why HTML tags are unsupported or why there is no WYWSIWYG tool for site administrators to change the Category Header or Description text. The best way to address that subject is to read WYSIWYG BBcode editor

ponyack wrote: In our category descriptive we need to use some formatting to highlight words.

Yes, you can bold, underline, italicise or just about anything that you can otherwise do when you would normally post a message on the forum; you can add all these other formatting features to the text of Category Header or Description.

You add the extra formatting with BBcode .

There is no WYSIWYG-like tool to add this extra formatting for you.

Dies that answer your question?

More
9 years 10 months ago #3 by ponyack
Hey, that was fast and just what I need.

Thanks alot.

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds