Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Using Kunena for private groups possible?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by Joppo22
Hi,

Just new to this forum and the Kunena solution.

My -possibly beginners- question: I'm building an application in Joomla (v3) for which I want to offer a forum solution - and therefore I focus at the Kunena extension.

My application has divided the users in various groups ('communities') each with their own access rights. I want to enable all users to communicate together via the (Kunena) forum, but also enable each user group communicate within their own private forum. I guess a private forum for each group is possible because of the Kunena's support of ACL (referring to www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Wiki:About ) - am I correct?

If so, can you please give me some directions how to implement/enable this?

Appreciate your help;-)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Joppo22.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by pheinrichs
Check out Community Builder and their Groupjive product. Should be exactly what you're looking for.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, Joppo22, and welcome to Kunena.

Joppo22 wrote: My application has divided the users in various groups ('communities') each with their own access rights. I want to enable all users to communicate together via the (Kunena) forum, but also enable each user group communicate within their own private forum. I guess a private forum for each group is possible because of the Kunena's support of ACL (referring to www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Wiki:About ) - am I correct?

You are correct. Joomla's ACL allows you to categories your users in virtually endless ways and you can use ACLs to allow access to different categories of topics within your forum just as we do here at www.kunena.org .

No disrespect intended to pheinrichs whose first message was "free advertising" for GroupJive from Joomlapolis, but we don't use GroupJive here and I personally have no need of this product on my own websites these days. However, if you are willing to invest in GroupJive as a means to address your particular situation then that's as good an answer as any. I don't want my personal comments to be misinterpreted as disendorsement of Community Builder by the Kunena team; we all think Joomlapolis are a really great bunch of people to do business with! :)

You can manage private categories using Joomla ACLs within Kunena. You can also manage private forums using other Joomla extensions (e.g. Community Builder, JomSocial), too.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
*** Topic closed - assumed resolved satisfactorily ***
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds