Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Single Sign-on

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by chasiv
Single Sign-on was created by chasiv
I did a search of the forum and could not find an answer to this so I figured I'd ask the community.

I noticed in this forum that is has its own login. Is it possible to have it use only the Joomla login so when you log into the Joomla portion of the site you are already logged into the forum? I have a few other sites with older versions of Joomla that are using the CB Connector to accomplish this with a phpBB forum. I also know that I can purchase Alterbrains to accomplish this on my the new site I'm working on. But I was looking for something that is free that can connect Joomla and a forum so the user only needs to log in once and so all the Profile information is once in once location.

If you could please let me know if this is possible with Kunera it would be appreciated. I would want to disable individual forum registration and logins.

Thanks for any responses and help with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Single Sign-on

chasiv wrote: If you could please let me know if this is possible with Kunera it would be appreciated. I would want to disable individual forum registration and logins.

See Disable (or hide) the login form in the Wiki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chasiv

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by NickC4555
Replied by NickC4555 on topic Single Sign-on
Kunena natively uses Joomla user accounts and authentication. If you login to Joomla, you are logged in to Kunena.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chasiv

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by aluna
Replied by aluna on topic Single Sign-on
Hello,

I'm using version Kunena 3.0.5. Options tab in Kunena Joomla Integration Plugin doesn't show up, thus can't disable Kunena Login form.

Any clue?

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled

aluna wrote: I'm using version Kunena 3.0.5. Options tab in Kunena Joomla Integration Plugin doesn't show up, thus can't disable Kunena Login form.

G'day, aluna, and welcome to Kunena.

It may assist us to help you if you looked at the helpful information printed at the top of this page:

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #6 by aluna
Here it goes...

EDITED:

I found those options in Joomla Plugin Manager, not in Kunena Plugin Manager.
Thanks anyway.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by aluna.

More
9 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Thank you for your configuration report that shows your forum integration plugin settings are:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=1 profile=1
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled

aluna wrote: Options tab in Kunena Joomla Integration Plugin doesn't show up

I know that you want to change the Kunena - Joomla plugin settings from

Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1

to

Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0

but I do not understand what you mean when you wrote that the "options tab ... doesn't show up"? Perhaps this guide may assist you: Forum integration with other Joomla extensions

If this does not help you can you please explain (maybe a screenshot will help) what you mean by "options tab ... doesn't show up"? :unsure:

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled

aluna wrote: I found those options in Joomla Plugin Manager, not in Kunena Plugin Manager.

The Kunena Plug-in Manager is a "short-cut" to the Joomla Plug-in Manager.

The default view - the first thing you will see - is the Details tab. You change the options by using the Basic Options tab.

You can change these things with Kunena Plug-in Manager or with the Joomla Plug-in Manager. They are identical to one another; the Joomla Plug-in Manager shows you all plugins on your site while the Kunena Plug-in Manager only shows you the Kunena plugins.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago #9 by aluna
Hello sozzled,

Thank you for your time.
For any unknown reason, the Basic Options tab is not shown when openning Joomla Integration plugin from Kunena Plugin Manager menu. But options inside this pane does display when the plugin is edited via Joomla Plugin Manager. I attach both images for you to see.

Cheers
Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
Looks like there's a problem loading the Javascript library for your administration site template. I do not know the reason for this.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds