Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Who are my Global Moderators?

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by jimrowland
Is there a way to see a list of all Global Moderators?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I don't think Kunena has this feature, sorry.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #3 by Mortti
I asking, why you have to know that?
If you are Super User, you have to know that... you also can check that from database
As Michael said, this feature is not in Kunena.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Mortti.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4 by jimrowland

why you have to know that?

In my current site (not yet migrated to Joomla+Kunena), I have a very large population (10,000+ users). We maintain a fairly large staff of moderators (20 or so), who come and go as real life situations dictate. About once a year or so, we look over the list of global moderators, see who is still actively moderating, and prune the list as necessary.

In my existing situation, which is how I found out that there is no option to see who is on that list, I've been getting things set up, and have assigned a dozen or so of my 30 test users to be global moderators to see what they could break. I'm now ready to prune that list back and begin migrating in my entire population, but I wanted to "fire" any of the beta-test global moderators first (those who are not actaul global moderators on my live site). During my weeks of testing, I have forgotten who I have added into that list.

I will have to do a database query instead, then. Thanks.

Would you recommend I open a new topic in the feature request categoy for this feature to be added, or would you prefer to just move this topic to that category?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by jimrowland.

More
10 years 1 month ago #5 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Who are my Global Moderators?
In principle in "Backend > Kunena > User Manager > Sort by Moderator" will listed all moderators. But with Joomla 3.2 and Kunena 3.0 this option does not work. It's a bug in the user list.

Would you recommend I open a new topic in the feature request categoy for this feature to be added

You can do it. But whether it will be implemented, I cannot judge. Rarely has anyone so many global moderators as you.

More
10 years 1 month ago #6 by jimrowland
Sort-by-moderator will show me ALL moderators - category AND global. I'm only interested in global.

Since I have CB+GroupJive, I will potentially have hundreds of category moderators, since each group creator becomes a category moderator.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Who are my Global Moderators?

Sort-by-moderator will show me ALL moderators - category AND global.

Yes, I had written "Sort by Moderator" will listed all moderators".
Also database search won't help. You can only see, user is moderator "Yes = 1" or "No = 0".
You must to manually search the global moderators, sorry.

More
10 years 1 month ago #8 by jimrowland
Hunh. If it's not in the database, where is that setting stored?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
First of all I have to thank my colleague Rich for reminding me that the Kunena User Manager under J! 2.5 allows you to filter those accounts that are moderators (even though you cannot differentiate between global moderators and category moderators). And, yes, there are several reports in GitHub about the Kunena User Manager under J! 3.x that do not work.

Secondly, how people categorise their users can be very complex. Indeed, at this website here there are several categories of user accounts; these categories are managed with Joomla ACLs. Just like you, we periodically review the accounts in those categories and, if the accounts have been "inactive" for an extended time, the accounts are purged from those categories and, similarly, any added privileges they had are also revoked.

jimrowland wrote:

I have a very large population (10,000+ users). We maintain a fairly large staff of moderators (20 or so) ...

Lucky you! :lol: At this site we have a nominal user population of 30,000 accounts and half the number of moderator staff that you have; we could certainly use more help. As you know, there is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

Having written that, one might think that other members of the community having an interest in this topic would be willing to engage in this topic and share their experiences instead of leaving it to the moderator team members to attempt to answer this question to the degree of detail that you require.

Let me make two points:

(1) As far as I know, there is no feature built into Kunena that allows you to create a list of global moderators separate from category moderators.

(2) I do not know anything about CB GroupJive or how this product is used to give [Kunena forum] category moderation privileges to Joomla user accounts.

jimrowland wrote: Hunh. If it's not in the database, where is that setting stored?

It depends on what you are referring to. If you are referring to "where, in the database, is the setting stored that classifies a Kunena account as a global moderator", the setting is not quite so intuitive.

In the table _kunena_users, the column moderator has two possible values (0 or 1). This setting applies whether the account is a global moderator or a category moderator; both kinds of moderators have moderator = 1. The table that defines which categories can be accessed or moderated by other accounts is the table _kunena_user_categories. Now this is the part where it gets tricky!

Look at the columns in the table _kunena_user_categories:

• user_id relates to the similarly named key in the table _kunena_users

• category_id relates to the similarly named key in the table _kunena_categories, except that it may also have the value 0 (meaning "all categories")

• role has two possible values (0 = no moderation privileges, 1 = moderation privileges).

Therefore, you can find out who are your global moderators by constructing an SQL query that searches _kunena_user_categories "WHERE category_id = 0 AND role = 1" and that should give you a list of user_ids. If you wanted to be clever, you could inner join the table _kunena_users to list the usernames instead of the user_ids.

This took me about 45 minutes to dig this information out for you; I hope it helps and that it is of some value to you (and possibly to others who may be in your "lucky" situation). ;)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #10 by jimrowland
Thanks, sozzled! I thought I might have been onto something when I saw the "role" field in the categories table, but I hadn't yet sussed out what the values represented. I was getting there, though. Play with a value, see what happens. Change the value, repeat. (quasi-reverse engineering, I guess) :^)

Based on what I had almost discovered, and your confirmations, here is an SQL query for anyone else who might stumble upon this thread who might be looking for the same info:

(your joomla table names might be different)
Code:
Select u.username, u.name from j_users u join j_kunena_user_categories c on u.id = c.user_id where c.category_id=0 and c.role=1

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds