Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Button images broken after upgrade

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by amagab
All button images are broken after I upgraded. How do I fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, amagab, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest that you start by reading the article My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... and that you watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 .

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by amagab
Thanks for the fast response. I've used my Joomla template together with older versions of Kunena without any problems, so I'm not sure why it would break now. Any help is highly appreciated. Here's my report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_pure | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.14 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by amagab
Actually, to correct myself, it doesn't seem to be the images but the language on the images. My buttons look like this:

Examples in front end:
COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY
COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_MESSAGE_REPLY

Examples in back end:
COM_KUNENA_PLUGIN_MANAGER
COM_KUNENA_SYS_BUTTON_FILTERSUBMIT

...etc...

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled

amagab wrote: I've used my Joomla template together with older versions of Kunena without any problems, so I'm not sure why it would break now.

I have seen similar responses to yours before andI have no other answer except to repeat what we have written in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... :

If your Joomla site template is important to you - and Kunena doesn't work with it - you should contact the author of your Joomla site template and explain the problem to them and ask for their help. Any reputable Joomla template developer should provide those kinds of services especially if you purchased a template from them.

It may be quite true that you have used your Joomla site template with older versions of Kunena and not had any problems. I believe you. It is also true that, before updating a live website with new versions of software, the best advice is to test the update first (see Reviewing your Joomla installation )

Unfortunately for you, because you have blacklisted access to your site from my location - I live in Australia - I cannot see what is going on and I have ideas how to help you further if (as I suspect) the problem is caused by some quirky CSS. My advice is to contact your Joomla tempate developer and ask for their advice or, alternatively, consider a different Joomla site template.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled

amagab wrote: Actually, to correct myself, it doesn't seem to be the images but the language on the images. My buttons look like this:

Examples in front end:
COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY
COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_MESSAGE_REPLY

Examples in back end:
COM_KUNENA_PLUGIN_MANAGER
COM_KUNENA_SYS_BUTTON_FILTERSUBMIT

...etc...

This means that the symbolic names are not being translated properly.

This could be the result of a faulty upgrade. Did you use the method described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide or did you use some other method?

This problem has also been discussed before on this forum (for example, see K 3.0 buttons display constant names ). In many of these cases the simplest solution seems to be to perform the upgrade procedure again using the method described in the documentation Wiki.

More
10 years 2 months ago #7 by amagab
You are correct. It didn't install properly. At my first attempt to upgrade, I had downloaded the file to my computer and then did the "Upload Package File" option to install. Now, the second time, I installed from URL, which seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you for your time and great support. I really appreciate it.

More
10 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds