Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Add attachment problem

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by dewebmeester
Ok, I agree, much attention has been given to this problem. And yes, many solutions. But none is working for me. I moved to VPS (Linux) and the file upload (attachment) function in Kunena stopped working. Things I have tested:
- media/kunena/ attachments folder set to apache:apache , tried also root:root
- tmp folder writable
- tried even chmod 777
- this is the warning: Warning, JFile: :copy: Cannot find or read file: $/home/tmp/phpxLukOv
- and: Notice Failed to upload file / both I do not understand as folders are writable which shows the fpa-en script
- yes, I have a warning: The PHP temporary directory is not writeable (tmp folder in php.ini is /home/tmp )but tried all kinds of settings in php.ini
- and no, I do not have managed hosting (cannot afford it) so I need to do server settings myself
- I need this so much this attachment function and would like to make this work. Question is also if this would work using the "Post with email" extension...
- the upload of files with media manager in Joomla works great but not in Kunena.......
Hoping to find someone te help me fixing this. Thanks.

Settings:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: -1 | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : enterprise | author: JoomlaXTC | version: 1.0.9 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.1.0

Third-party SEF components: AceSEF 4.1.0

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

Joomla - Netherlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by dewebmeester
Replied by dewebmeester on topic Add attachment problem
Ok, dear people, my great collegue Mark solved it all. I tried setting tmp php upload folder to /tmp instead of /home/tmp and learned how to restart apache and it works!
Hope someone else will be helped with this. (folder chmod to 777 is not an option)

Joomla - Netherlands

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by coder4life
Replied by coder4life on topic Add attachment problem
Thank you for letting us know what you did to solve this issue, I am sure others may benefit. As you can tell these issues are very circumstantial and very hard for us to diagnose. I will move this topic to the archive. Have a good day!

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds