Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Inherited rank icons not changeable

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1 by MadJosch
Kunena 3.0.4
e.g. when a user is set as category moderator he is displayed with the pink six-dotted moderator icon. But when I change the pictures in the backend he still is displayed with this pink symbol instead of the new picture.
If I assign him the rank of moderator the new picture appears but he will be displayed as moderator throughout the forum, not only in the category he is set as moderator.

How can I set up Kunena to only show him as moderator in his own category with my custom icon?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by MadJosch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Your question has been asked before: How to change rank image for moderator . Have you also read Rank management in the Wiki?

I hope this information helps you.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by MadJosch
Thanks for the links but i'm not confident yet with the answer in that post. And yes, I've read the wiki about rank system.

Current situation leaves two options for me:
1) I leave the moderator (of a single category) in the normal user status and he will be displayed as moderator in his category with the standard image

2) I set his status globally as moderator and get the new image but he will be displayed as moderator in every category

The behaviour I'd like to see is: the moderator is shown in "his" category with the new rank icon and in all other categories as a normal user.

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
I think you have summarised the situation correctly.

MadJosch wrote: The behaviour I'd like to see is: the moderator is shown in "his" category with the new rank icon and in all other categories as a normal user.

This behaviour does not exist in K 3.0 and, as far as I remember, this behaviour has not existed in any version of Kunena. Sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadJosch

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by MadJosch
Ok, thank you very much.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds