Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Where is "More Smileys"?

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by MadJosch
Hi,
I am using Kunena 3.0.4 on my website and added some more smilies via backend. But now as the limit of 20 smilies in the toolbar is reached, the rest won't be displayed. In the wiki and other posts in the internet i found that there should be a "More Smilies" button. But it isn't there (or I am too blind to see it).

How do I display more than 20 smilies or at least the "More Smilies" button?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Where is "More Smileys"?
G'day, MadJosch, and welcome to Kunena.

The "more smileys" feature was removed in K 1.6 (3+ years ago). There are no plans to re-instate this feature.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by MadJosch
Replied by MadJosch on topic Where is "More Smileys"?
In other words, this means additionally to the already available smilies there are only 3 custom ones possible?

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Where is "More Smileys"?

MadJosch wrote: In other words, this means additionally to the already available smilies there are only 3 custom ones possible?

No, that is not correct. I have a forum where I have 29 smileys available (and displayed on the screen so that my users can select them) - no "More Smileys" button, of course - so there is not this kind of limitation.

It's a little complicated to explain, perhaps, but the information is documented (maybe not in the easiest to read way) in Smiley management in the Wiki. the trick is check the Emoticon Bar checkbox.

Does this help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadJosch

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by MadJosch
Replied by MadJosch on topic Where is "More Smileys"?
Thanks, I thought I did tick the box but obviously I didn't :whistle:
That did the trick for the ones not showing.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by virtinsanity
So was there any workaround created by the community to have "more smileys" button in kunena or are we all alone.

Why i want this feature is because wheneer you try to use the post panel when writing on mobile phones if you have more smileys than the default then the panel is mixed up with smileys so fe. you can't use insert link etc. etc.

I apprecaite if you lead me to any workaround been made.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds