Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Private forum for admins & mods

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
How do I create a private forum for admins & moderators? I've tried creating a forum and then changing the permissions to special, but I'm not sure where to go from there

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

Oscarfishlover wrote: How do I create a private forum for admins & moderators?

When you write private "forum" do you mean a Kunena category?

I thought there was a sticky topic in this "general questions" area that handled this question. Maybe I was mistaken? :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
Okay, maybe I confuse the situation. We have a category for announcements regarding the forum. At the moment I have basically locked it so that registered members cannot post, only administrators and moderators.

If I came into category permissions I can see that I can change the access level. I'll probably leave this at public. However, under the section where you can change who is "allowed to post" I can see that I can choose various options. Obviously I want admin and super users, but I also want moderators to be able to post as well. So which option to your iTunes for moderators?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by Oscarfishlover
Okay, I found the video on creating a moderator only category.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
Good! :woohoo: For a brief moment I felt that my memory had failed me.

As you may have realised, the term "forum" - where it applies to the term category - has not been used by the Kunena project since the days of K 1.5 (about 4 years ago), just as previously confusing and out-of-date terms "thread", "board", "child board" and "discussion" have also disappeared from the Kunena lexicon. ;)

Now that you've discovered the video that shows you how to create a category that only your moderators can access - this is done by creating a special ACL that you assign to your moderation team accounts - it's just a simple matter of assigning that same ACL to your administrator accounts, too, and "Bob's your uncle!" :)

Does that answer your question?

More
10 years 2 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover
Yes, I do understand, sometimes I just revert back to how we used to describe things.

Anyway, the private forum is working just fine. I think the only problem I've got is somehow I enables all moderators to be global moderators and I'm not sure what I did.it doesn't really matter, it would just be nice to know how I can switch global moderators off, for the life of me I just can't find the setting.

Anyway, thanks for the video it was very helpful

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
You can edit the users and change their role from Global Moderator in the Kunena -> User Manager section. You have to edit each user manually.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds