Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved A question about Attachments

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by xpatman
Having been a long time user of Kunena starting back in the days of Joomla 1.0 and firebroad my site has 1000's of of Images/Attachments.

Now as each upgrade both from Joomla 1.0 - 1.5 - legacy 2.5 plus Firebroad/Kunena and the fact I move Domains has meant Images/Attachments are now all in media\kunena\attachments folder.

Some are in media\kunena\attachments\legacy\images and some in just \media\kunena\attachments folders.

So thinking that "legacy" as long ado I deleted the folder only to discover so have my images, so I have to upload it again

My question is when I upgrade to 3.0.3 will ALL of my images move automatically ? As when I changed domains a few years back I had to change the domain URL link in every posting because of the legacy thing.

With the version ( 2.0.4 ) that I have now legacy is not an issue, and yes I know 2.0.4 is a long way behind but "if it aint broke dont fix it"
but I want to get everything up to date this month

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
As a general answer about where attachment files are stored in K 3.0, please see what I wrote in How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another .

The "legacy" folder is not used in K 3.0; it was left over from the days of K 1.0/K 1.5. If you deleted the folder then this may or may not be an issue. If your users' images were stored in the ../media/kunena/attachments (each user has their own separate folder for any attachments they uploaded) then those things should remain intact. The K 3.0 upgrade procedure does not do anything to those files.

Obviously, this is something you should test first - create a test site and try the upgrade procedure on the test site.

Good luck.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3 by xpatman
Thanks for that info

I was a little worried about "The "legacy" folder is not used in K 3.0;'

But I am happy to report that using a test site I was able to upgrade from Kunena 2.0.4 to Kunena 3.0.3 WITHOUT losing the images.

If I get the image info it is = //media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/onlyinchina000004.jpg
and in the posting = [-attachment=616]onlyinchina000004.jpg[/attachment]

I did the upgrade on a PHP 5.4 + site and reading thou you links Kunena 3.0.3 wont work in a PHP 5.2+ site, (I will be moving my live site to the higher php very soon)

Just a VERY small point, when i ran the auto up-grader it went to a blank page, I have to refresh to start it working

In THIS posting I have add " - " to the line = "posting = [--attachment=616 " has it pick up a image from another poster

So for now I am happy
thanks
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by xpatman.

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds