Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug Installed but not displaying?

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by KeithLemon
Hello,

I'm new to this whole Kunena and Joomla software. I've tried following the wiki as much as possible but completely confused.

I've installed Joomla, I've added Kunena via the extension manager but I can't see Kunena when I go on my website.

How do I set Kunena as the default site? I did read on the wiki that it come with a default theme but I don't see it. What I see is the original Joomla when you install it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I found a template named 'Blue Eagle' in the Kunena tempalte manager which says it's installed already but I don't see this being displayed. I checked using the extension template manager and it's not displaying it there.

This theme is already selected as being default, still not displaying.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by KeithLemon.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
If you are new to Joomla, then you probably have to go to the Menu Manager in the Joomla Administration page and Publish the Kunena Menu. It will be in Main menu section.

I advise you to find some Joomla tutorials on youtube and at Joomla.org if you are new to using Joomla, as it will help you a great deal.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by KeithLemon

Jiminimonka wrote: If you are new to Joomla, then you probably have to go to the Menu Manager in the Joomla Administration page and Publish the Kunena Menu. It will be in Main menu section.

I advise you to find some Joomla tutorials on youtube and at Joomla.org if you are new to using Joomla, as it will help you a great deal.

It's all published according to the menu manager. If you take a look at www.gmodplayers.com you can see that it is displaying but it's within the default template.

I've tried disabling the default Joomla template but apparently, I cannot do that.
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by GoremanX
Kunena is a component of Joomla. It does not replace Joomla. As such, the default Joomla elements do not disappear when using Kunena. The goal is to use Kunena as a forum element within the overall site. So you'd have separate menu items for an articles section, a forum section, and for other stuff (there are countless components for Joomla). If you're looking to run a site that is solely a forum and nothing else, then your best bet would be something along the lines of phpBB. There's no need for a content management system at all for that.

Unfortunately, making the most out of Joomla is beyond the scope of this forum. We only provide help specifically for the component we develop and publish (Kunena). If you need more help learning how to configure Joomla for your uses, I'd recommend starting here:

docs.joomla.org/Portal:Beginners

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by GoremanX.
More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by KeithLemon

GoremanX wrote: Kunena is a component of Joomla. It does not replace Joomla. As such, the default Joomla elements do not disappear when using Kunena. The goal is to use Kunena as a forum element within the overall site. So you'd have separate menu items for an articles section, a forum section, and for other stuff (there are countless components for Joomla). If you're looking to run a site that is solely a forum and nothing else, then your best bet would be something along the lines of phpBB. There's no need for a content management system at all for that.

Unfortunately, making the most out of Joomla is beyond the scope of this forum. We only provide help specifically for the component we develop and publish (Kunena). If you need more help learning how to configure Joomla for your uses, I'd recommend starting here:

docs.joomla.org/Portal:Beginners

I was peeled to use this when I seen zarpgaming.com/

If you check, you can see they're using Kunena and it looks pretty cool, I wanted to try something like that.
More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by originalhandy
Have you got an actual website built or do you just have your Kunena forums in ? You can display Joomla menu's on your Kunenea forum but you need a site etc first with menu's.
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
This is not a Kunena support issue. The Zarp site is using Kunena and a Gantry Joomla template (I think it is the free one). This is just a Joomla issue you are having KeithLemon, so I once more suggest you start researching Joomla, especially the Menu system. Its more complicated than it sounds.

EDIT: Actually its not the free Gantry template it is demo.rockettheme.com/joomla/leviathan/

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Jiminimonka.
More
9 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
*** Topic closed - assumed resolved satisfactorily - no follow-up or further response from user who started the topic ***
Time to create page: 0.507 seconds