Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Attachments will not load on Forum

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by rasty
I started having problems attaching pictures on our Forum. The picture appears as

[attachment:1]P1010063_small.JPG[/attachement]

but we get a "Warning - Copy Failed" and
"Error - Cannot save message. Message Body is Empty"

Any help would be appreciated!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by rasty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by rasty
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by coder4life
Out of curiosity do you have any text in the message box when saving the attachment.

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by rasty
Does not work either way. I have tried both ways

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by coder4life
You may have a permissions issue. Permissions are set on files and folders that allow you or scripts in Kunena to access certain files or directories.

www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_3.0.3_Read_Me#Folder_permissions

Please take a look at the folder and files that must be writable for Kunena to work properly.

If you are unsure how to change permissions please contact your hosting provider to help you.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by rasty
Thanks. I looked and it appears that I have unwritable permissions. Is there any way to fix this from my side?

More
10 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
This is an interesting problem (and it's not a problem that I have encounterd before myself).

The error message "Error - Cannot save message. Message Body is Empty" would seem to suggest (as coder4life made the point) that you tried to create a message on your forum that did not have any text in the message body. Under normal conditions, Kunena should prevent you from creating mesages on your forum that have zero characters in the message body. But the response should be different as shown in the following picture:

(Normally the message area would be highlighted in pink and, pressing the Submit button would result in a "Please fill in this field" prompt.)

So this is puzzling, isn't it, that you get a message that says "Error - Cannot save message. Message Body is Empty".

The "unwritable" permissions is probably the clue. The article Securing Kunena is probably your best guide. You should look at setting your folder permissions for all the folders on your site the same way (with a value of 755).

I don't really have any other tips for you at this time but, perhaps, someone else may have other suggestions.
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago #8 by rasty
1) When no text is added you get the fill out the field message
2) When you insert a picture and the "" appears in the text box. After hitting submit then the "Cannot save message. Message body is empty" error come up.

Could this be caused by being in a Trial version of the software?

More
10 years 4 months ago #9 by rasty

Test to drive myself crazy
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago #10 by rasty
I found the cure. I had enabled security on the cloudaccess.net dashboard. I disabled it and pictures are working. Thanks for the help.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds