Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 3.0 optimised-for-mobile template

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by Lodder
Hi there,

Having tested the latest version of Kunena, I've seen as you mentioned in the release notes that it has been mobile optimized. I was just wondering, will there be any fairly big updates/modifications to the default Blue Eagle template in the next Kunena update?

I was just wondering as I would like to design a template based on Blue Eagle but wasn't sure if it was worth waiting till the next update or starting now.

Regards,
Lodder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled

Lodder wrote: Will there be any fairly big updates/modifications to the default Blue Eagle template in the next Kunena update?

Yes. HMVC, .LESS, bootstrap ...

For others, who may be interested, go to our Wiki and look for the link "What is Kunena?" on the main page. That article you will then see describes the main design goals for all major/minor versions of Kunena. I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lodder

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
To correct @sozzled's reply, Blue Eagle will not have any larger updates into it. All we did for it was to add some CSS and HTML classes to make it more usable in small screens.

What Michael mentioned was our new template for Kunena 3.1 / Joomla 3.1.5+, which is basically a Bootstrap template (there's likely also non-bootstrap template coming). We also use totally rewritten HMVC templating system in Kunena 3.1 with legacy support for the old templates.

Basically what it means is that the old templates cannot be easily converted to the new templating system without rewriting the old template's HTML. But as the new templates use different code paths, the old templates keep up working unchanged as they are actually using Kunena 3.0 MVC code.

Old templates will be supported until Kunena 4.0 gets released, but they will be "unsupported", which means that they are just there to allow users to upgrade to Kunena 3.1 without having to wait on the older Kunena version.

So basically Kunena 3.1 will be minor update if you keep the old template -- or a major one if you decide to take advantage of the new templating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lodder

More
10 years 5 months ago #4 by Lodder
Thanks for informative the replies Sozzled and Matias.

We've decided to wait until Kunena 3.1 is released as it will make life a little easier when designing the template and updating it for future Kunena releases.

Regards,
Lodder

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by perryworld
Hi,

We currently have Mobile Joomla set up with an Elegance template. This works great - however it doesn't allow our members to upload images when on their mobile - they have to switch to the desktop version to do this.

Is there a possibility that you will be making kunena responsive to mobile devices (without using Mobile Joomla) - which will allow members to upload images directly from their mobile?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Rich

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled

perryworld wrote: We currently have Mobile Joomla set up with an Elegance template. This works great - however it doesn't allow our members to upload images when on their mobile - they have to switch to the desktop version to do this.

I have never tried to upload an image from a mobile phone to this forum at www.kunena.org - we do not use the third-party products you mentioned and maybe you should discuss your current problems with the authors of the products that you purchased.

I have merged your question here because there is other information that answers the more broad, general matters you raised. I hope this helps.

*** Topics merged ***
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perryworld

More
10 years 5 months ago #7 by Matias
I believe that Mobile Joomla team disabled uploads because of missing feature in iOS back when the template was being developed. At least I remember asking the same question. Maybe you should visit their support and ask the same question in there.

Kunena 3.1 will have responsive template, which works in Joomla 3.1.5+. The main issue with the responsive template, though, is that it's using a lot of bandwith (large files) and it still have all the content in the site, except some of it is hidden or relocated.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds