Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena 3.0.2 Cannot access any of the Sub Buttons in Admin

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by idc
Hi

I have installed 3.0.2 on a Joomla 2.5.14 site.

The Installation went smoothly, but I cannot configure any of Kunena sub buttons.
ie if i go to Configuration; I can change the entries on the General Tab, But I cannot click any of the other buttons ie Frontend, security etc.

This is the same for any section that has buttons, i cannot click other Buttons.

This only happens in Kunena, other components are working fine.
Currently installed components, jdownloads,jotcache. I have tried with this disabled.
I have tried clearing jotcache,system cache, browser cache,interney explorer, firefox and Safari, all doing the same.

i hope there is a Simple FIX?

I did notice that admin user is not set as moderated, but I cannot change anything in there, no idea if that of info helps.

report below

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 1024M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shape5_vertex | author: Shape5.com | version: 3.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by idc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, idc, and welcome to the forum.

The configuration page tabbed sections (e.g. Frontend, Security, etc.,) are displayed or hidden by Javascript.

(As a comment in passing, it's not a good idea to edit the configuration report but we respect your right to not give us information that, in your opinion, you do not wish us to know about; I suggest you watch the video presentation in K 3.0 Configuration Report .)

The first point that leaps out from your report is that you are using a template from Shape5.com. We have had a number of problems that can be specifically isolated to templates from Shape5.com: a small selection of them is >>> here <<<

You might find other topics in this forum that, similarly, refer to known issues with your Joomla administration site template.

My suggestion is to eliminate your webhost as a possible contributing factor: use the When all else fails, try this approach using a "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla installation - with a standard Joomla template - together with a fresh, unmodified install of K 3.0.2 (see the video in K 3.0 Installation Guide ) and verify if this problem still occurs. It's my guess that this problem will not happen on a "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla site and that the problem is caused because you might need to consider the questions Which came first? The template or the forum? and My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ...

I don't have any other advice at this time. It would be good to know the outcome of the test I recommended to you in this message. Good luck. :)
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by idc
Hi,

Thanks for your rapid response, I was not expecting such a fast reply.

I should have said on the initial post, but didn't want to make a huge post.

The site was working with the shape5 template, I then upgraded from 2.5.6 to 2.5.14 everything still working fine, then upgraded Kunena to 3.0.2 then the problem arose.

So as a test, I removed kunena, I created new database for the site, imported all users etc, leaving the Kunena tables out, re-installed Kunena 3.0.2 and I still have the problem, Not sure if that helps at all.

I will read through the info you have suggested and get back to you.

Thanks

More
10 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled

idc wrote: So as a test, I [kept working on my original site but] removed kunena, I created new database for the site, imported all users etc, leaving the Kunena tables out, re-installed Kunena 3.0.2 and I still have the problem, Not sure if that helps at all.

Sorry, that's not what I was suggesting as a test. My suggestion was to create a whole new Joomla site (from scratch - don't use any Jshape5.com "trickery"), add Kunena and see how it goes. It will probably take you about one hour to create the Joomla site, 1 minute to install K 3.0.2 and 2 seconds to check if you can then use the configuration feature.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by idc
Hi

I'll have to try that tommorrow, it is nearly midnight here, and I will have to backup everything first a few times, best to do when brain functioning properly.

Just wondering how frontend template can effect the backend template, i was not aware that any scripting for the frontend was used in the backend.

I tried setting site to Beez5, this did not help.

So i'll try the complete re-install tomorrow. If it works, i'll do a comparison of the 2 working and n working to see where the issue is on both the site and the tables, as I think it is a table related issue.

Cheers

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
*** Topic closed - assumed resolved - no follow-up or further response from members ***

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds