Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Polls

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by rickk
Polls was created by rickk
Hi! It's me again :blush:

So one feature I was looking forward to was polls. As I often do, I made some assumptions and they are likely all wrong. In any event I have enabled the poll and then set max options to 10, assuming the result would be an opportunity to add 10 questions with options for True / False - Yes / No - Multiple Choice etc. So much for assumptions.

So I guess my question is there any step by step instructions on how to setup polls. Or perhaps a recommendation for an additional polling plugin / extension that would be compatible with Kuenea.

Thanks!

Rick

Configuration
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : js_wright | author: Joomlashack | version: 3.1.2 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Polls
G'day, Rick :)

Let's see if we can demystify some of the myths and urban legends about the Kunena polling feature.

In no particular order:

1) Some very basic - one might even describe it as primitive - documentation exists at How to set up polls in Kunena and upgrade from the hack . That may not be a lot of help to you and you may find better information if you try searching the forum for anything more specific or more up-to-date,

2) Setting the max options to 10 permits you to have up to 10 muliple-choice answers per question (not a maximum of 10 questions per topic). You can only have one poll question per topic. The poll can only be created when you create a new topic.

3) Multiple selection from the available answers are not possible (in case you were wondering). If you have a question with one, two or up to 10 possible answers, people can select any one answer (or not select anything, if they choose).

4) I am unaware of a third-party Joomla extension that allows you to run a poll within Kunena. There are plenty of polling extensions for Joomla. It may be possible to run the kinds of polls you're thinking of running within, say, the context of a Joomla article. Using the Kunena Discuss plugin you could feed the contents of a Joomla article into your Kunena forum where people could discuss the results of the poll - if that's what you want - but you understand, of course, that anything further I might suggest would be wild speculation on my part.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by rickk
Replied by rickk on topic Polls
Thank you Sozzled! A very comprehensible response and sadly... very disappointing :( My fault however, I will have to reign in these wild assumptions :woohoo:

So I guess I can try some polling extensions for Joomla. My objective is to loose survey Monkey and find something that writes to the MySQL DB. Given time I bet I will find one.

Thanks Again!!

Rick

More
10 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Polls
No problems. I will assume this resolves the matter for the time being. :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by rickk
Replied by rickk on topic Polls
Not sure how I close a topic I created but I would like to know so I might close this one :-)
Thanks
Ric

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds