Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Auto Email Content/Information/Instructions

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by vscire
Can I change the content, information, and instructions contained in the automatic emails that the systems sends after someone registers, or adds a new posting, etc.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by vscire
I have looked at that information and was able to find the language files. I found text for some emails in the en-GB.com_kunena.libraries.ini file. I do not see the text for the email users get immediately after creating an account. Is it in that file, and I am just missing it? I also looked at other files and did not see any other email text. I would greatly appreciate it if you can direct me to the file that contains the text for the email users get immediately after creating an account, because that is the one I want to modify. Thanks for your help.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Did you read the Wiki article Where is the language file? ? This article gives you details of the files used by Kunena when Kunena displays infomation on the forum as well as information displayed in emails generated when people subscribe to topics or emails sent to administrators and moderators when someone posts a message on your forum.

As you see in the FAQs page, Kunena is not responsible (in any way) for what happens when a new account is registered on your site. Therefore, any emails sent as part of the account registration/confirmation process are not handled by Kunena.

So, the answer here depends on knowing a couple of things:

(1) What emails, specifically, are we discussing; if you are discussing emails sent during the account registration process (that ask for a user to click a link to confirm their registration) that's not handled by Kunena.

(2) Are we discussing the emails sent to administrators or moderators when someone posts a new message on your forum? The answer also depends on how you have configured Kunena. Your configuration report may help us.

(3) What information, specifically, do you want to change?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by vscire
I reviewed the Wiki article, which gave the location of the files and I did review the libraries file. What had me confused, and you have now cleared up, is that even though a user is clicking the Create an Account button in the Forum, the email is the actually a Joomla email because they are simply creating a Joomla account. Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds