Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Unable to use "noparse"

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by Nuvelle
I am trying to post a guide to instruct others how how to post some information in a certain way using tags.

Because of this I need the BBCode tags to be visible in the single post, but work everywhere else.

I attempted to use noparse and it just showed me the text in square brackets.

Is there a way to escape the BBCode or a way to force it to show in the one post?

Config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_quasar | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Unable to use "noparse"
There is no [noparse] BBcode tag in Kunena. Instead there is the "code" tag like this:
Code:
[code]This is where you can show [b][i]your[/i][/b] raw [i]BBcode[/i] text.
[/code]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nuvelle

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by Nuvelle
Replied by Nuvelle on topic Unable to use "noparse"
Thank you! I had tried Quote to no effect!

The problem is that one of the items I want to show is a code box!!

Putting this inside a code box ends it before the guide is over :(

This the the code i need to display:

Spoiler
Code
(User Text here)
/code
/spoiler

Is there any way for this to work? At the moment I have had to replace the opening [ with ( and tell the users to change it in their post, which works but isnt very good in a guide :(

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I understand what you are trying to do. I have to admit that yesterday was one of those times when I had never tried to embed the "code" tag within another set of code tags to demonstrate the effect shown in the Wiki article BBcode (and I failed in the attempt).

In effect you are trying to use Kunena BBcode in order to produce a basic forum help page for beginners so that it can be displayed in your forum. This is going to be difficult to achieve a completely aesthetic-looking result and the "coding" is going to be tricky.

There are a few ways you can "document" BBcode. One way is to write a simple message on your forum and put a link to the page www.kunena.org/docs/BBcode . Another way is to write a Joomla article and create a menu item that links directly to the article. Another way is to produce screenshots of what you want to show and insert the information as a set of images.

However, the idea of using the "code" tag to embed the unparsed BBcode in your example is infeasible because you cannot embed a "code" tag within another set of "code" tags and, unfortunately, there is no [noparse] tag in Kunena. As an aside, I have not seen a an example of another forum that has a [noparse] tag and, I wonder, in those other forums where this tag exists, can you embed a [noparse] tag within another set of [noparse] tags to demonstrate the effect?

One thing I would love to see from you is what your simple guide looks like. We're always interested in improving our documentation here and your ideas could be useful to us. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nuvelle

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by Nuvelle
Replied by Nuvelle on topic Unable to use "noparse"
Unfortunately the guide is on how to post information from a game I play onto the forums in a pre-set format, not how to use the forum so would be of little use to anyone else :(

Of all the options the one that works best for me right now is to just replace the opening [ with ( and tell users to change it themselves!

More
10 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. Yes, it's probably the easiest way even if it's a little clumsy.

I'll mark this topic as resolved. Good luck with your forum.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds