Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Email Notification Not Working

More
10 years 10 months ago #1 by vscire
I am an new user to Kunena. I have set up my first forum and everything seems to work well in my testing except the system is not sending notification emails to my test users when a reply to a topic is posted. The Report Configuration is below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez5 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Email Notification Not Working
Hi,

your smt is now smtp.gmail.com
Must be your own smtp.

Regards 810
More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
I visited your forum. You have one section containing one category with one topic in that category and that one topic contains one message. I do not think one can reasonably conclude that email notifications are not working based on the evidence that you have shown.

The condition for ordinary users to receive email notification when new messages are posted on your forum is that, before new messages are posted on the forum, they must first subscribe to the topic before new replies are posted or that they must subscribe to the category containing those topics.
More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by vscire
I tested many, many posts & replies in the one category and then deleted them
More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by vscire
Are you saying that to have the email notifications to work, I need to have my own email server?
More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by vscire
Another note on this issue is that as the moderator I receive emails when new topics are posted and replies are made
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled

vscire wrote: Another note on this issue is that as the moderator I receive emails when new topics are posted and replies are made

That is a good start. At least this shows that your web server is capable of sending emails and that Kunena is generating emails. The question now remains why your non-privileged users are not receiving email?

Are these other users subscribed to the category or topic?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 10 months ago #8 by vscire
I did check the subscriptions and the test users are subscribed to the category and the topic.
More
10 years 9 months ago #9 by vscire
While doing some additional testing this afternoon I noticed that when I posted topics as test user Keith and replied to those topics as test user Scott, the "reply count number" next to the topic remained 0 when Keith was logged in. If I log in as the administrator I see the appropriate quantity of replies from Scott on Keith's posts.

As I mentioned earlier, I get emails as the administrator but the actual Poster does not. I hope this provides some insight as to what I'm doing wrong with the setup. Thanks for your help.
More
10 years 9 months ago #10 by vscire
After looking at the situation further, I saw that the reason the reply count was not showing Scott's replies to Keith's posts was that, as the administrator, I needed to approve them. I thought once I made the approvals the appropriate emails would be sent, but they were not.
Time to create page: 0.574 seconds