Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved "The timezone could not be found in the database" - caused by incorrect /tmp and /logs folder paths

More
10 years 10 months ago #1 by colmed01
I have just upgraded my site to Joomla 3.1.1 and Kunena 3 an cannot access the forum pages

Whenever I try and open the forum I have the following error message displayed

DateTime::__construct() [datetime.--construct]: Failed to parse time string (jerror) at position 0 (j): The timezone could not be found in the database

I have set the time zone information the site 'configuration.php' file as follows after initial site access issues

public $offset = 'Europe/London';
public $offset_user = 'Europe/London';

The same issue occurs if I set the time zones to UTC

Any help would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by colmed01
After much searching around on the internet - good old Google - I eventually found the solution.

The error was actually caused by incorrect paths to the temp & logs folders. Strangely only the logs directory was being reported as unwritable in Joomla System Information.

The original paths were

/var/www/logs
/tmp

After changing the paths to the following the forum now works OK
../logs/
../tmp/
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds