Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved BBcode [img] do not display image

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1 by shorepower
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_air_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 1.0.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : JSN Air | author: Joomlashine Team | version: 1.0.1 | creationdate: 04/09/2013

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.0 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.0

Modules: None

We are in the process of moving from SMF to Kunena and as part of that we have migrated our test site to Kunena (1.72 via 2.04 to 3.0.0) Overall the migration is fairly straight forward and the hurdles we have encountered so far have been solved.

One thing that we have not been able to solve is that images that are linked via bbcode do not display at all. Tried several browsers and platforms but the error is the same. Other bbcode work like video and url. Attaching images via bbcode attachement do work and the image is correctly displayed.

As we are using a customized template we also tried with the default one but the error is the same.

For instance
Code:
[img]http://www.kunena.org/images/kunena/feature_display.png[/img]
will not display any image at all in the post. This is true regardless if it's a migrated post or a new one. Same error for jpg and gif files so it does not relate to file type.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by shorepower.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by skybax
Dose your Joomla template comes with any plugins that could modify the bbcodes?

Look at your articles code and see if there's any rewrite to it
Code:
[img]...[/img]

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #3 by shorepower
Thanks for a fast replay. I have to start with apologies, coming from the SMF forum world to Joomla is a big step and trying to catch up as much as possible.

Besides Kunena and UddeIM the only installed extensions are

JSN Air Template
JSN Power Admin
JSN UniForm
JSN ImageShow

As the name indicates, if there is a suspect, it would probably be the last extension but I do not know how to check if it has modified any of the bbcode. I did a first check via google to see if others have had similar problems but could not find anything.

Of course I can post a question in the support forum for JSN but any more indication of where the error might be would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by skybax
make a test by disabling JSN ImageShow.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by shorepower

skybax wrote: make a test by disabling JSN ImageShow.

There seemed to be several components and some of them could not be disabled so instead I un-installed JSN ImageShow.

The error still exists. Perhaps there is a way to check if the bbcode for img have been altered. I can check and post code if someone points me to the right module (assume it's coded in PHP?)

Thanks

More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
It is possible that your installation of Kunena was not 100% correct in the first place and it's just as likely that some other Joomla extension you've installed has clobbered Kunena, too. I recall a recent lively discussion here that went on for about 3 pages and it was solved simply by re-installing K 3.0 straight on top of what had been done earlier. You could try that.

You could also try creating a separate test environment, free of other Joomla extensions (in other words, J! 2.5.11 and K 3.0.0 and nothing else) to see if the reason why you cannot use the BBcode is because of the hosted platform you depend on.

More
10 years 10 months ago #7 by shorepower
Thx, I tried reinstalling 3.0.0 on top of the installation but that did not solve the problem. Will try the other options to see if I can isolate the problem.

One question. Would Kunena put other requirements on my host than SMF and phpBB for instance, both use an version of BBcode and both can display images using the img code.

Also, tried sending a private message with UddeIM and img worked with the message function.

Have in addition posted at JSN forum to see if someone knows about any errors.

More
10 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
To answer your question about whether K 3.0 will operate on your hosted environment, I strongly suggest that you create a test site with a vanilla-flavoured version of J! 2.5.11 and K 3.0.0 (and nothing else) and see what happens. The problems that you are having may, indeed, be caused by whatever "stuff" is included with JSN, yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shorepower

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #9 by shorepower
I have reinstalled, starting from scratch, all the components, in the following order

Joomla 2.5.11
Kunena 3.0.0
UddeIM 1.6
Kunena Discuss
Kunena Search
JSN PowerAdmin
JSN Uniform
JSN Imageshow
JSN Air

The img attribute works and display the image correctly (did the installation stepwise and tested after each installed component) So the error must have happened in one of the upgrades or alternative during the migration from SMF.

As I'm migrating a medium sized forum with around 50K of posts I want to make sure that it works before and that a good plan on how to do the migration exists so what I want to test is to backup the data that I have now migrated from SMF to Kunena over to the clean installation described above.

Have searched the forum but can not find which MYSQL-tables for a Joomla 2.5.11 and Kunena 3.0.0 that I need to move to get users and data over to a fresh installation. Would that information be available anywhere

Thanks in advance and thanks for the support so far

More
10 years 10 months ago #10 by shorepower

shorepower wrote:
As I'm migrating a medium sized forum with around 50K of posts I want to make sure that it works before and that a good plan on how to do the migration exists so what I want to test is to backup the data that I have now migrated from SMF to Kunena over to the clean installation described above.

Have searched the forum but can not find which MYSQL-tables for a Joomla 2.5.11 and Kunena 3.0.0 that I need to move to get users and data over to a fresh installation. Would that information be available anywhere

Thanks in advance and thanks for the support so far

Anyone that have any information regarding this or can point me in the right direction?

Thx

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds