Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena installed and have menu, but it doesn't load

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by peters-af
I have loaded Kunena v3.03 onto a Joomla 3.1.5 installation. It appeared to load fine and I can work on categories, users, etc.

I have published it and added it as a sub-menu under my clients menu item as it will only be for clients. It shows up there, but when I click on it, it attempts to load but eventually I get a "500 Internal Server Error" "Fatal error was detected".

I have checked the system information settings and all seem to be appropriate. On thing I did notice is that the site uses MySQLi instead of MySQL.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, peters-af, and welcome to Kunena.

I do not think your problem is caused by the Kunena menu . HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors are almost impossible to diagnose properly without knowing a lot more about

(a) the detailed error message - you can get more information if you enable Joomla debug mode; and

(b) some more information about your Kunena configuration.

I have not tried to create a website using MySQLi for a long time - years, in fact - but this may or may not be the cause of the problem. Enabling Joomla debug mode should give you more information about whether the problem is caused by using MySQLi or MySQL instead.

Without the information I referred to in (b) above - there is a helpful link at the top of this page - it's almost impossible to say what is the cause of your problems.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by peters-af
Thanks for the response. Here is the detailed message after turning on debug:

"Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77 bytes) in libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 538

The error was detected in the Libraries."

Following is the configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_hexeris | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
You're out of memory. You could try removing other Joomla extensions you're loading on your Kunena forum pages. Also, because the error message indicates something involving MySQLi, perhaps that's the reason why you're having these problems? Maybe do as I do, use MySQL instead and see if it makes a difference.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds