Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Out-of-memory problems attaching images - iPad (with Safari)

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #1 by gusr
I am currently running Joomla 3.1 with Kunena 3.01

I can post "text" without submitting a picture just fine in "Googole Chrome".

But when I insert a picture and click submit, it just hangs, unable to refresh itself.... to the point where I have to kill the browser and navigate back into the forum topic where it's not updated with the inserted picture.

Also, posting from an IPAD brings back a fatal error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 26738688) (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /homepages/26/d105798577/htdocs/enviboats/home/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.image.class.php on line 414

I'm currently at a loss and don't know where to begin as I couldn't find any forum posts reflecting this issue.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my Configuration Report as well...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : BT_Travel | author: BowThemes.com | version: 2.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.0.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by gusr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Does this problem also occur in Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer ( :sick: ), Chromium etc. or is it just Chrome and iPad?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by gusr
Yes it occurs in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer.....

But it has fatal errors with IPAD using Safari.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
I suggest you try the following:

(1) Upgrade to J! 3.1.5 as soon as possible;

(2) Upgrade to K 3.0.2 as soon as possible;

(3) Memory should not be an issue but you might also do some background reading - Improving Kunena performance - because there may be something else on your site that is impacting on the ability to perform the function. I have not seen this issue localised just to iPad or Safari

(4) You may also find some benefit in looking into Kunena Menu issues ; create a standard Kunena menu and rename the menu item as "Builder's Forum".

(5) Uninstall the old JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3 plugins and use the ones supplied by JomSocial instead.

(6) If you want to integrate your forum with JomSocial, look at the topics in the JomSocial category, elsewhere on this forum.

Aside from those things, I don't really have any other ideas why you get these out-of-memory issues through using an iPad and Safari. I use an iPad a lot - except when I have to write a lot because, let's face it, a touch screen and iPad's auto-correct spelling features leave a lot to be desired - but I rarely use my iPad to upload images. Perhaps the issue is related to the filesize of the image you are attempting to upload? When you consider that an iPad is useful for transferring images (e.g. high-resolution photographs), perhaps it's because you are trying to upload something humungously large that exhausts available PHP memory to process it? I don't really know, I'm just guessing. :D

Good luck and I hope that, if you attend to the matters I've brought to your attention, things will work out for you.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled

gusr wrote: Yes it occurs in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer ... but it has fatal errors with IPAD using Safari.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the distinction you are trying to make. What, specifically, occurs using Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer?

One way to determine what, specifically, is occurring when you use other browsers is to enable Kunena debug mode. See HTTP 500 Internal Server Error in the Wiki for more information on this. This may explain why the browser seems to go into an endless loop. It's my guess that your site is handling an out-of-memory condition but the site may be overloaded and unable to process the HTTP 500 Internal Server condition.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds