Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How can I hide the BBCode Help icon in the New Topic/Edit Post editor screen icon bar?

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by nemmar
How can I hide the Kunena Help icon in the New Topic/Edit Post editor screen icon bar?

The icon with the tooltip "BBCode Help" in the format icon bar when creating/editing a post.

I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks for any advice.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
I know for a fact that this kind of "how do I hide a button on the BBcode toolbar editor in Kunena" question has been asked (and answered) dozens of times. I am a little busy at this very moment - trying to earn some money, actually - when I have a spare moment I will look for the answer for you. In the meantime you can search yourself or, perhaps, another member in the community can find the answer for you. I am sure that with a little bit of initiative, you will find the answer in the next 10 minutes.

Good luck. :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by nemmar

sozzled wrote: I know for a fact that this kind of "how do I hide a button on the BBcode toolbar editor in Kunena" question has been asked (and answered) dozens of times. I am sure that with a little bit of initiative, you will find the answer in the next 10 minutes.

Hi sozzled,

Here are the steps I took BEFORE I posted my question:
  1. I read the Sticky posts BEFORE posting as their headings state.
  2. I read the Sticky FAQs also.
  3. I searched the Kunena forum using the Search settings of "Any Date" so it would include ALL posts in the Kunena forum for the search criteria.
  4. I searched the Kunena forum with a number of combinations of search phrases, such as, hide bbcode help icon, hide help icon in editor toolbar, disable help icon, etc.
  5. I went through about 10 pages of search results for each search done trying to find posts that asked/answered the same issue I am trying to find the answer to.
  6. AFTER all of that I posted my question in the forum.

So if there's an easy way to find the answer to this question, then can someone please let me know what it is.

Thanks!

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm just on my way to bed (after another gruelling 18-hour day) ...

To hide things in Kunena, generally you use CSS

... to find the element that you need to apply your overriding CSS style to, use a tool like Firebug (or one of the other web developer's tools that comes with the browser you're most familiar with using). There's an introductory tutorial in the Wiki that describes how to use Firebug .

Add the style to the end of your Joomla site template (or create a file of custom template overrides) and you won't have to worry about revisiting the changes when you upgrade Kunena.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you specifically where to make the changes because (a) you haven't told us anything about your website and (b) someone would need to login to the site to double-check that it worked, anyway. But it shouldn't really matter. Unless you're using some custom Kunena template, the change is fairly standard.

The other problem is that I have to travel away from home tomorrow and I probably won't have time to check what needs to be done. Like I said, with a bit of willpower and initiative, you could probably have the problem sorted out in next to no time.

Basically, you need to add a rule that looks like this:

<css-selector> {
display: hide;
}

I'll look again at this issue when I get the time. Again, good luck.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #5 by nutter308
hi nemmar,

assuming you are using the default kunena template apply the below css override.
Code:
#Kunena ul#kbbcode-toolbar li a#kbbcode-help-button {display: none !important;}

hope this helps.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by nutter308.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds