Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question K 3.0.4: bordered tables

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by findelat
Hello,

We are running Kunena 3.0.4 and it has integrated BBCode but some commands like creating borders does not run

Here I write the codes and how it appears
Code:
[table border=1] [tr][th]A[/th][th]B[/th][th]C[/th][/tr] [tr][td]A1[/td][td]B1[/td][td]C1[/td][/tr] [tr][td]A2[/td][td]B2[/td][td]C2[/td][/tr] [tr][td]A3[/td][td]B3[/td][td]C3[/td][/tr] [tr][td]A4[/td][td]B4[/td][td]C4[/td][/tr] [/table]

This is how it is shown
ABC
A1B1C1
A2B2C2
A3B3C3
A4B4C4

Does anybody know how to create borders or adjust the shape to the content within?

Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by findelat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi,

Open the template.css file of the default Joomla template and paste the below CSS rule to bottom of file.
Code:
#Kunena .kmsgtext > table { border: 1px solid #ddd; /* You can change by an other color code */ } #Kunena .kmsgtext > table th, #Kunena .kmsgtext > table td { border: 1px soid #ddd; padding: 5px 10px; text-align: center; /* Add this property if you want to align text center */ } #Kunena .kmsgtext > table th { background: #f0f0f0; font-weight: bold; }

After save back to front-end and reload your site to view changed.

Hope this helps

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: findelat

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by findelat
Replied by findelat on topic K 3.0.4: bordered tables
Thank you.
I am not really sure to have understood what to do or if I dare to do it :blush: , but I will try to change the css file to paste your codes.
I didn't know if it was something related with BBCode updates :blink:

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by 9themestore
Hi,

You will not lost all custome when you upgrade or reinstall Kunena forum. I think, that is a important reason to should add the CSS custom to the Joomla! template.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by findelat
I guess it would be this file template.css placed on this path: /public_html/administrator/templates/bluestork/css/template.css

But I don't find anything about kunena to edit it and paste the codes you gave me.
There are almost 3200 lines but I don't find it

I have also tried editing the template we have installed to run the public website and even the special for kunena, but it was no template.css

Thank you

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by rich
Replied by rich on topic K 3.0.4: bordered tables

I guess it would be this file template.css placed on this path: /public_html/administrator/templates/bluestork/css/template.css

This is the wrong file. Go to "tempates/your Joomla! template/css/template.css" and add the code by 9themestore at the end this file.
Not [strike]administrator[/strike]/templates!

More
9 years 11 months ago #7 by findelat
First of all, thank you for your concern in helping me.

I have paste the whole code at the end of this file "css/template.css" of "bluestork" template.
Code:
#installer-database p.nowarning { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url(../images/admin/icon-16-allow.png) center left no-repeat; } /* Spinner */ .joomlaupdate_spinner { float: left; margin-right: 15px; }

This was the end of the css file, and I have pasted this next
Code:
#Kunena .kmsgtext > table { border: 1px solid #ddd; /* You can change by an other color code */ } #Kunena .kmsgtext > table th, #Kunena .kmsgtext > table td { border: 1px soid #ddd; padding: 5px 10px; text-align: center; /* Add this property if you want to align text center */ } #Kunena .kmsgtext > table th { background: #f0f0f0; font-weight: bold; }

But still BBCode does not create any border or alingment :dry:

Should it be like this?

#Kunena .kmsgtext > table {
border: 1px solid #ddd; /[strike]* You can change by an other color code *[/strike]/
}

#Kunena .kmsgtext > table th,
#Kunena .kmsgtext > table td {
border: 1px soid #ddd;
padding: 5px 10px;
text-align: center; /[strike]* Add this property if you want to align text center *[/strike]/
}

#Kunena .kmsgtext > table th {
background: #f0f0f0;
font-weight: bold;
}

More
9 years 11 months ago #8 by rich
Replied by rich on topic K 3.0.4: bordered tables

I have paste the whole code at the end of this file "css/template.css" of "bluestork" template.

I had written this is wrong "administrator/templates" !
Only "templates/your joomla! template/css/template.css". Your Joomla template is the one that you use in the frontend.

btw, you should upgrade to Kunena 3.0.5. Kunena 3.0.4 is obsolete.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds