Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged "Invisible text" - text font colour is the same as background colour

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by kaminiski
Invisible text is happening to me with my template. I DID edit my templates CSS file but the font won't change.

I'm using Kunena 3 and added to the template.css:

#Kunena .kreply-form .inputbox {
color: ##FFFFFF;
}

I'm not using Firebug - I don't think I need to for this to work - correct?

There isn't an FAW for this that I could find...
The following user(s) said Thank You: NBEN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi kaminiski,

Your color code is wrong. You can add the following code section
Code:
#Kunena .kreply-form .inputbox { color: #FFFFFF; }

I removed "#" characters. I hope it work.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by kaminiski
Thanks, I did replace the code but still my forum new topic subject and body text is dark. I attached my template.css.

Should I restart Apache too?
Attachments:

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by kaminiski
is this supposed to be added somewhere in the the library template of kunena or my joomla template? Just confirming.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
As a rule-of-thumb that applies to all Joomla extensions - components, modules or plugins: if a Joomla extension produces output that does not "co-operate" nicely with your Joomla site template then, if you want to make any CSS change that affects any Joomla extension, the best place to make those changes is by adding additional definitions at the end of your Joomla site template CSS file.

I should write an article in the Wiki that I can refer to because of the number of times I read the question, "So where do I add these changes again?"
You add the changes to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file

Please read my comments msg #16 of the topic Images cut off in smaller screen size. It does not really matter what the "problem" might be: if the solution is a CSS-based solution, then 999 times out of every 1000 times, the solution is to add the extra bits of CSS to the end of your Joomla site template.

The difficult part of answering these problems from here is that of the millions Joomla sites that exist on the internet these days, every site's "site template file" is different. Sorry, that's just a fact. I do not know what your Joomla site template file is called if I do not know where your website is. You can easily find the name of your Joomla site template file if you use a tool like Firebug .

Lastly, this is a frequently-asked question and people should look at the FAQs page (there is a menu tab for this purpose above the forum on this page). The frequently asked question is "How do I change the colours of my Kunena template?"

I have given the answer to this question many times on this forum. If people still require personal help to solve their CSS problems (because they do not know how to apply the information given on this forum to their particular case) then, by all means, they can contact me personally and I can probably solve most of these simple problems within an hour (if I have full administrator rights at a users' site) but I do not do this work for free and I will require payment in advance for my time regardless of whether I resolve the problem or not. If people would rather employ someone else to resolve their problems, they can do that, too.

I hope this finally answers the question.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by Luiaard
Replied by Luiaard on topic Invisible text
I've read the posts about this item but I can't, at least that's what I think, solve the problem with the solution given.

I create my templates with Artisteer 4, si if I change the css (although I don't know which one I should change) I will have to do this everytime I make a change in the template.

Why can't I change a css that is made with Kunena?

More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Invisible text
Hello,

Can-you put here your Kunena configuration report settings ?

What kind of change do you made in the template ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
It really does not matter which version of Kunena we may be discussing, I gave the answer earlier in this topic in msg #5 above. When people write "I designed my own Joomla template but I am not sure which file I should modify to solve my 'invisible text' problem" I wonder what people expect someone else to do for them?

Luiaard: please read what I wrote in msg #5. The answers to your questions are there.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #9 by ford4thought
Hi guys....I don't know if anyone can help me?

I am currently using Kunena 3.0.3....the problem I have is the appearance of my forum is the same as the dark template design, and the text for "New Posts" is unreadable in the message box. There is black text on a black background....can I alter this to a white message box/

Thanks.....
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by ford4thought.

More
10 years 4 months ago #10 by 9themestore
Hi,

I think, there are some conflicts about CSS between your Kunena template and Joomla template. You try to use the Firebug add-on find that conflicts. If your site lived, please post the url link here.

Regards,

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds