Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question K 2.0 iKunena iPhone App

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by wizgod
Hi All!

I created an iPhone app for myself to access the Kunena forum on my site a long time ago. It's not fancy, just a simple app that allows one to read, reply or post a topic or private message.

The app communicates with the forum via a web service I created and placed on my site.

Afterwards I modified it so it would be able to access any Kunena forum as long as the site that hosted it installed the web service.

My site is still using an older version of Joomla and Kunena (1.5.22 / 2.0.4) but the only thing that would need to change to make the app compatible with other versions is the queries in the web service.

The web service hooks into Joomla for user authentication and that would also need to be changed for the newer versions of Joomla (this I would need help with for the newer versions).

It's been an ongoing project for me and I'm still cleaning it up a bit right now but I thought I'd post about it here and let you know and get any feedback on it. My hopes is to put it into the App Store but it needs to be tested with more sites and other versions. If you'd like to help with upgrading the web service for other versions and/or testing it, let me know.

Here are screen shots of the app (deployed for iOS6) on an iPhone 4 running iOS7.

Thanks!

Wg

Splash Screen:

Select Site:

Configure Site:

Categories with latest posts first:

Categories grouped by parent category:

Categories by name:

Topics in category:

Posts in topic:

Reply to a forum post:

Private messages with latest posts first:

Private messages grouped by username:

Post a new topic or private message:
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by wizgod.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds