The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.
The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.
Question
Custom "messenger" icons/fields in Kunena user profile
Well maybe it's Joomla stuff. I installed both Joomla and Kunena at the same time so it's hard to tell what belongs to what.
All I know is when I click a Profile in Kunena you have the messenger icons.
In the Profile edit inside Kunena there are fields to add your messenger names.
In admin I can't find anything relating to the messenger icons/fields in Joomla or Kunena.
Now if this is actually Joomla then I'll go bug them, but to me it "looks" like Kunena. lol
Don't blame me blame the seamless integration! lol
It took a while for me to connect the image you showed in your earlier message with the corresponding version that I see at this website.
If I understand correctly, you just don't want to see the current icons that are part of the Blue Eagle template (user profile view), but you want to add other ones instead?
I only have a hypothesis but not a fully-developed solution
These images that you referred to are built around CSS sprites (I'll leave you to do the background research into how you can construct CSS sprites - any simple search of the internet will explain the technique). You can, therefore, build a different image and use it in your Kunena installation instead of the one that's currently there.
These images are tied to the data that's entered by your users when they edit their user profiles. You can change the captions of the data fields where users already enter that data by modifying the language file. If you go to the Wiki that accompanies this forum, search the Wiki for "language file", you will get more information there.
Because you will need to make files in areas that will be over-written later when there will be new versions of Kunena released, if you want to protect these things from being overwritten in future then you should create your own template. It is beyond the scope of this forum to go into all of that detail but there's some information available in the Wiki that will help explain the process. The information in the Wiki is a little out of date but the approach is still reasonably workable with K 2.0.
Now that I think I understanding better your enquiry I have moved this topic into a more appropriate category for your needs. Good luck.