Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena 2.0.4: MightyExtensions integration still possible? It was done before ... PAID JOB!

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by TheTransistor
Dear all,

We are running a small music site on Joomla 1.5.26 and - for several reasons - cannot upgrade to a later version yet. Our entire user management as well as other key functionalities rely heavily on components from MightyExtensions ( www.mightyextensions.com ).

At the moment, we are using an outdated version of Kunena: 1.5.4. Needless to say, we are getting more and more concerned about security issues. Thankfully, we haven't had to deal with any exploits so far. But upgrading Kunena to a safe version is one of the things that would make us sleep better at night.

A (in computing terms) long time ago (around 2009 / 2010), a Norwegian programmer wrote a MightyExtensions integration for Kunena. Our Kunena forum displays all user avatars from "MightyRegistration" while using the "MightyMessage" component to send private messages. Our users can also use a "Make Friends" link to connect to other members on our site (using the "MightyTouch" component).

I already know what most of you are going to say: Upgrade J! and look for other components that may do the job. We did, but none of them offered the same level of integration.

So here comes my question: While we are admittedly stuck in the past, is there any brave programmer out there who could integrate the latest version of Kunena with the components we use? It was done before, and shouldn't be too difficult to do (that's what the original programmer told us, but he knew what buttons to push ;) ). This is a paid job, and we shall be grateful if you could send us your comments and ideas.

And to answer your final question: Yes, we did try to contact the original programmer, but to no avail ... :dry:

Many thanks for your time & best regards,

TT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 day ago #2 by intel1
Hello,

Plz contact me, i can finish it.

Regards,
-nitin jain
www.airzoom.vkscientific.com

More
11 years 23 hours ago - 11 years 23 hours ago #3 by TheTransistor
Last edit: 11 years 23 hours ago by TheTransistor. Reason: Typo

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4 by JacquesV
Hello,
Please see my answer on MightyExtension support site, and visit the showroom site with its Touch avatars in Kunena…
Regards, Jacques
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by JacquesV. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds