Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved [SOLVED with Joomla Update] Really Need Help ASAP with our Website. Is there anyone out there??!!

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by SchwartzE
Hi all,

I am the Founder/Manager of a PC Gaming Organisation called 'Tesla'

We have had our Website now for around 8months, but since someone updated to the latest version of Kunena, some things havent worked properly.

And just a few days ago our Forums have suddenly decided to stop working altogether.

I'm completely clueless when it comes to the mechanics of the Website, and we recently had our guy leave the Organisation that was in charge of the site backend.

Im wondering if there is someone out there that could save the day for our Organisation (which has over 45 members and relies heavily on our forums to keep running)

Here is a list of the things that are not working - (kunena V2.0)

1/ We cant display our Forum Signature Images anymore
2/ The 'Latest Posts' is updating at random times and not straight away
3/ Forums can not even be access now at all when we click link from homepage
4/ JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with id: 187 (error on homepage)
5/ COM_KUNENA_TIME_SINCE has suddenly began appearing everywhere in forums and backend
6/ we are constanly bombarded with spam bot users and posts

Please is there any kind person out there who is willing to be given access to our backend of website that can save our Organisation!!

Please contact me ASAP if you can help us :)

Kind regards,

Grant
www.teamtesla.net
[email protected]
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by skybax
Update to Kunena 2.0.3 and check if the problems ware fixed.

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by SchwartzE

skybax wrote: Update to Kunena 2.0.3 and check if the problems ware fixed.

I wouldnt know how to :(

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
This topic was originally posted in a different category as Need help to fix our website . As much as we would like to directly assist you, if you are unable to manage a Joomla website on your own there is not a lot we can do without spending a good deal of time posting messages on the forum in the hope that you will be able to undertake the work yourself.

My suggestion is that you attempt to obtain someone who is prepared to spend several hours working with you and not expect to be paid for their time. As much as I, personally, would be willing to do this, I'm fairly busy, too.

This site (and the documentation Wiki that accompanies it), contains a wealth of self-help information that should be reasonably straightforward to follow. If, however, the person who setup your site has left things in a mess (and you are unable to get that person back again to fix up their work) then I'm not sure what help you can reasonably expect from someone else coming into the situation "cold" (if you understand my meaning).
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #5 by SchwartzE
Guys, thanks for your help.

I have managed to update site after following the Wiki Link provided and the Forums are now working again!

I have also managed to get the Captcha working which will hopefully cut down on all the spam posts we have been getting in the Forums.

Still have small issues of

1/ 'JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with id: 187' msg appearing on homepage,

2/ 'Latest Posts' is not updating straight away (takes hours for some posts)EDIT -FIXED

but apart from that it looks good.

Thanks for your help above, much appreciated.

Grant
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by SchwartzE.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by skybax
go in the backend of the forum and in FORUM TOOLS you have Recount Statistics use that and all Last Posts should be updated

JUser is part of Joomla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SchwartzE

More
11 years 4 months ago #7 by 810
for 1) go to : administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=tools
click on sync users
select all option and push on sync

regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: SchwartzE

More
11 years 4 months ago #8 by SchwartzE

810 wrote: for 1) go to : administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=tools
click on sync users
select all option and push on sync

regards 810

Hi, I tried this and now I get the msg - 'JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with id: 187', but in the users list, there is no user with this number. :S

More
11 years 4 months ago #9 by skybax
What joomla version are you using ?

More
11 years 4 months ago #10 by SchwartzE

skybax wrote: What joomla version are you using ?

Joomla! 1.7.1 Stable [ Ember ] 26-Sep-2011 14:00 GMT

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds